PDA

View Full Version : MLDR airlines , India

flankerpilot
1st Apr 2009, 15:16
MDLR Group (http://www.mdlrairlines.in/include/employment.htm)

1) Captains
Valid ATPL/IR with total 2000hrs of Multi-engine experience.
2) Co-Pilots
Current CPL/IR (Multiengine Experience) with Minimum 1000hrs of flying Experience.
3) Trainee Pilots
Current CPL/IR with Multiengine ExperienceSeems they are the only airline in India currently looking for fresh CPL's.Only problem is they operate Avro RJ's which means like the Jagson Do228 TR it is almost useless when you leave.

Any 250 hour hero tried his luck here ? :E

Left Wing
1st Apr 2009, 15:28
You call real line flying experience useless....:ugh::{...does not matter what you fly as a 250 ZERO...you take what ever you get that has an engine on it..

Schumi - Red Baron
1st Apr 2009, 16:02
Mate, what else do you expect with 200-250 hrs...A380...:rolleyes:
If you have this attitude, I cannot see you going far in the industry...

Flying a widebody jet is not a right but a priviledge.... Everyone (except the lucky "wonder boys") worked hard to get to fly those jets... Whats wrong with Avro...:ugh:

I think that flying Avro is still better than sitting in home....

MDT06
1st Apr 2009, 16:31
The expectations of some of this kids are unbelievable.

MDT

rahulred5
1st Apr 2009, 17:11
MDT06 and all the rest of the people who didnt read the original post , I think you misunderstood.

He just POSTED the info and gave his opinion that Avro TR is not a good idea specially when you NEED to shell out 10-15 lakhs for a TR which will be not be useful since Avros are not flown anywhere else in India and will shortly be retired.

Anybody will be willing to fly anything , but if you want to spend 20 lakhs you might as well spend it on something better than an Avro or a Do228.

I think you guys need to think more before stupid statements like "What is wrong with Avro" :ugh:

Of course it is wrong , do you REALLY see yourself being able to spend so much money for a TR which is useless ?

flankerpilot
1st Apr 2009, 17:17
^ Exactly

No need to shoot the messenger..I just wanted to share the info , and you start of with BS like "you will not get far" bla bla bla...

I posted the info about this and just gave my .50c that Avro TR (which you need to pay 15 lakhs) for , will be totally useless once you leave the company.

I think you all forgot that you will have to do a self sponsored TR for the avro. The question is ... is it worth it ?

spedfast
1st Apr 2009, 17:29
I still dont see the downside to this.
Assuming you have the dosh in the bank and you buy your TR. Even if you you stick around for a couple of years, you would gain 1500+ jet hours and have paid back a large part of that TR cost.
Jet time is gold. You will stand right at the top of the queue whenever one of the big boys start hiring again.
Seems like it, but not too long ago Jet Airways and the likes were conducting walk in interviews. Any turbine/jet time and next day you found yourself attending 737 ground school.

spedfast
2nd Apr 2009, 00:50
@agent123
750 hours an year, 60+ hours a month. I dont see see that being much of a problem.
Even if it is not not 1500, say it is 1200. You miss the point.
For an ab-initio fresh out of the flying school guy, considering the times that we find ourselves in today, that should be moondust.
Just my $0.02 worth

Schumi - Red Baron
2nd Apr 2009, 05:14
Well, the advert never says that you need to be type rated or you need to do your own type rating... But, I am not sure and it might be that you have to do it on your own....

But i still believe that it's a good option... Moreover there are not many opportunities for the 250 hr. pilots out there...

rahulred5 wrote
Avro TR is not a good idea specially when you NEED to shell out 10-15 lakhs for a TR which will be not be useful since Avros are not flown anywhere else in India and will shortly be retired.

Mate, even if this TR gives you a job (in this environment) and some jet hours and help you establish in the industry then it is worth it...

And i cannot understand that why are you thinking of leaving even before joining (or interview)....:ugh:

MDT06
2nd Apr 2009, 21:02
flankerpilot and rahulred5,

Now I see your point. I was not aware of the TR. I retract my earlier comment.

MDT

Mike_Kilo_Sierra
3rd Apr 2009, 06:41
But is it for real? Because as far as I know MDLR's page has had the same advertisement for quite a while. Is it a case that they've not update? Sorry to sound gloomy, but just wanted to confirm.

MKS

shuchim
4th Apr 2009, 12:54
guys these one is adv from the day since the time they started there airline and havent bought any new aircraft till that and dont even bother to update there career site.same thing is with jagson airline too .

shuchim
4th Apr 2009, 12:56
guys these one is adv from the day since the time they started there airline and havent bought any new aircraft till that and dont even bother to update there career site.same thing is with jagson airline too .:D

Schumi - Red Baron
4th Apr 2009, 13:02
MDLR used 4 Avro's... One had a bird strike and is out of operation... Another one had an incident and that too is out of operations... Currently they are operating with 2 aircrafts...

Yes, this advert is old... And now they want only commanders (PIC)... :hmm:
This is from a consultants website inducting on behalf of MDLR...

We are looking for Commanders on BAe146/Avro RJ 70 with atleast 2000 PIC hours on type.

Salary & Benefits - Salary will be as per the experience and attractive benefits.

purmus
4th Apr 2009, 13:32
I am a type rated 146 fo currently out of work. I just tried to send my CV to the email address on that site and got a postmaster fail back. Either the inbox is full or its no longer valid :ugh:

spedfast
5th Apr 2009, 06:10
@purmus
check pm

indian eng
6th Apr 2009, 15:52
http://static.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon5.gif getting job but 7 years contract?
hi guys i am really confuse about that should i take job or reject ?pls help me i am having just one day to make decision on it .these r the details

i have been offered a job by an airline which operate only dornier 228 aircraft and they will send me on course and will pay all TR cost but they want me to sign 7 years contract.

i am really confuse because dorneir i dont think i will have any future when i leave the company because no where in world right now dornier is flying.this could be good offer if i see because i am just 21 and passed out my AME licence course 1 year back and offerd a job to be AME which is something that matters to me in this bad condition of aviation because from last 6 month i am sitting jobless at home?airline is in turkey

saperaa
6th Apr 2009, 19:24
indian eng (http://www.pprune.org/members/231031-indian-eng)

because from last 6 month i am sitting jobless at home?airline is in turkey

you are lucky to have choice.
1.pilot
2.engg
3. or be happy at home.

your choice