View Full Version : Bonding for a new Type

FullFlyDown
1st Apr 2009, 13:28
Hi all

The Company i work for has recently bought a new aircraft type. The issue of Bonding crews (years v money) on the new type has been raised.

Given that the currently flown type is also to remain in service, my questions are:

Within the companies YOU work for does the introduction of a new type lead to crews being bonded?

Can companies force you to do an additional type rating and be bonded for it?

Cheers

FFD

curser
1st Apr 2009, 19:55
No, they freeze you on type for a while. If a company pays its crew correctly and its terms are correct then no need to bond its crew again as you won't be leaving.

Tandemrotor
1st Apr 2009, 20:08
FFD

No problem, just stay on "the currently flown type".

Presumably the choice is yours, and it just depends if you think there is any possibility of anybody recruiting in the next 2-3 years?

Difficult to comment without knowing what types they are.

The company I work for doesn't bond people.

Flintstone
1st Apr 2009, 20:26
Bonding on an initial type shouldn't be a problem (putting aside those who buy their job under the guise of a SSTR). Being bonded because your company choose to move you to a new type just isn't on.

Clandestino
2nd Apr 2009, 16:18
In my outfit it used to be 2 years decreasing bond for switching types. Now it's 3 years, non-decreasing and it applies even if one's type is being phased out.

Thank you for your post, 13thstage. It should serve as a warning to the pilots who hope that the first type rating that they pay would be the last one.

But it probably won't.