PDA

View Full Version : Zambian Air law

chillbill
1st Apr 2009, 09:16
Hi there fellow rich and famous aviators!
Was wondering if anyone can help me with the above law test that is looking over my head. Aside from the brick of the CAP 444 i have no info on whats in the test so if anyone knows so pointers would be gratefully accepted. Is there a revision (ok cheat) sheet around? Which points should i be paying attention to?
Hope someone can help.
CB

mebro
2nd Apr 2009, 11:35
Hi Chill Bill

How are you doing? Since no one replied I thought I will reply!!!!

I did that exam some 7yrs back so I dont know whether I can help you with specifics to the exam. Even though it was an Air Law exam I remember Met questions in the exam.

Unfortunately all my contacts there are too old to even refer you and I dont have current details.

Your best bet would be, there used to be a state run flying school on the left hand side of the entrance to the aiport where the security post used to be, go in there and see if you can get hold of an instructor or the CFI or even a student and see if they can help you with it.

How come the company you will be working for cant help???? they will usually have contacts directly with the CAA.

Well good luck with the exam enjoy the flying there and the country amazing place/ppl I miss being there heaps.

If you are still stuck I have an extreme long shot for a contact who should know ppl who you can call locally and see if you get anywhere.

Regards
R

chillbill
13th Apr 2009, 09:57
cheers will look around the flying schools / other companies for help.
Company i hope to get in with is small and aside from giving me the CAP 444 there is little else help they can give me. Since, if we're being honest, these things are usually learnt via cheat sheets it comes as quite a shock to actually have to plough through the whole document! i pity the people who have to write these things.

Thanks for your help and i'll get cracking!

CB

Gooneybird
13th Apr 2009, 14:02
Try asking the other pilots and charter companies. They're ususally your best resource as they're the most current.

You could also approach the Zambian CAA themselves and ask about it.

One question to to ask, well actually two questions. Is it open book? Is there negative marking?. Both will affect your approach to the paper. If there's negative marking then don't guess any answers.

mebro
18th Apr 2009, 14:27
Hi CB,

As Gooney said the other pilots/companies is a good option too.

Unfortunately its was not an open book, when I did it and no negative marking, I suggest do make an effort to study rather than go in there and guess your way through.

Also I wouldnt set tracks on a cheat sheet as a solution, if I recall the one I had at that time there were 2 questions repeated in the real exam, things could have changed.

R u in Lusaka or yet to get there, if you are there you should be able to network pretty easily and go from there. I will be moving places shortly if I do find anything relavant will let you know but their currency will be a question mark!!!!

Best of wishes, network, a bit studies and you should get through ok.

Enjoy

Regards
R

Charliesjc
21st Apr 2009, 16:44
Hi CB,
I wrote the Zambian Airlaw exam last year in March and it really was something special. A few of the questions have no relevance to flight/aircraft safety at all and you might get a surprise with some of the questions.

First of all its a 2 part exam. The first half being open book and featuring 10 questions. It's basically finding the definitions and writing down their reference. I.e CAP444.Act 2. Section 3 (b). Easy stuff.

Second part is closed book and consists of 40 multiple choice questions. Most of them are the same as SA law except they keep calling aeroplanes Flying Machines. Some questions are useless things like the Title given to airlaw in the book and what chapter of the section concerning Fee's relating to payments for aircraft licencing etc.

Also Zambia's CPL licence is only valid for 6 months but you only have to retest every 12. You just have to pay up again after 6 months.

PM me if you need any other info, I'm not there anymore but I pretty much had all the DCA's nonsense sussed out.

rumbi16
16th Dec 2010, 12:45
i also need info on the same issue

Vizsla
16th Dec 2010, 13:08
but their currency will be a question mark

US dollars or Euros in a brown envelope :rolleyes: