PDA

View Full Version : Article on Osama bin Laden in "Pilot" Magazine.

Whirlybird
18th Oct 2001, 12:29
Just read a fascinating article in the new "Pilot" (Nov 2001). Apparently Osama bin Laden's father was killed in a crash during take-off in his own private aircraft in the 60s. Officially his American pilot was blamed, but the pilot's friends knew that Mohammed bin Laden often had a tendency to take control (he was a keen amateur pilot), and that the experienced American pilot was highly unlikely to have made the basic handling mistake which caused the accident. Osama was 13 at the time of
this accident and subsequent controversy.

Almost exactly 20 years later, Osama's elder brother was killed in a light aircraft crash in Texas. There had been rumours a few years earlier that he had been involved in secret meetings between Iranian and US officials; now these were revived, with speculation that he might have been killed
deliberately as an embarrassing witness.

So by 1988 both Osama's father and elder brother had been killed in aircraft accidents amid controversy, and seemingly at the hands of the Americans. By this time Osama was well established in Afghanistan but had not as yet turned violently anti-American. That happened shortly afterwards.

The author, who asked to remain anonymous due to connections to the family, suggests that the methods used in the attacks in New York have their roots in Osama's psyche, started over 30 years ago by his father's death, and reinforced by the death of his brother. Is it just coincidence, he asks,
that Osama sees aeroplanes as murder weapons?

If you want to read this, it's a one page article on page 55 of "Pilot", though you
may have to wait a few days for the November issue (I have a subscription and get it early I think). It's short enough to read in the store without having to buy a copy!

DB6
21st Oct 2001, 16:02
Well, having read the article, considered its conclusions and reflected at length on the meaning of life, the universe and everything, I have come to the following conclusion: Osama bin Laden is a c*nt.

Bubbette
22nd Oct 2001, 07:34
DB, why are you debasing the female essence by calling Bin Laden that?

27th Oct 2001, 18:03
I see the famous American sense of humour has just entered the forum!

MikeSamuel
27th Oct 2001, 18:40
A truly excellent article...have read it over a few times, it really focuses on some important facts that I haven't read elsewhere. Well worth a read. Doesn't compensate for any of the truly evil acts of the man, but gives a background to his motives.