View Full Version : Air Arabia recognised by Airbus... AGAIN!

Spoogie
31st Mar 2009, 16:14
Sharjah, March 31, 2009: Air Arabia, the first and largest low-cost carrier (LCC) in the Middle East and North Africa, announced today that it has been recognised by Airbus, one of the world's leading aircraft manufacturers, for achieving the highest operational utilisation in the world.
This is for the fourth consecutive year that Air Arabia maintained the lead among all global airlines operating Airbus A320 aircraft. According to the latest reports from Airbus, Air Arabia achieved highest aircraft utilization in 2008, with 99.8 per cent operational reliability.
“Operational excellence and service reliability are integral to our success. We are honoured that these attributes have been recognised by a prestigious aircraft manufacturer such as Airbus,” said Adel Ali, Board Member and Chief Executive Officer of Air Arabia. “Being a leading LCC means that we continuously strive to optimise our resources and infrastructure to best serve our passengers. Our employees are the driving force behind our seamless service, and we wish to thank them for their contribution. As we undertake a more ambitious growth path in a challenging business environment, we continue to focus on maximising our efficiency levels.”
In selecting Air Arabia for operational excellence rankings, Airbus conducted a detailed technical analysis of all carriers in the segment. Air Arabia recorded the highest indicators for operational reliability and aircraft utilization reflecting the carrier’s extremely high maintenance and technical standards.
Currently, Air Arabia has a fleet of 16 Airbus A320 aircraft, and has already placed an order of 44 additional Airbus A320. By the end of 2009, Air Arabia expects to add two more aircraft and increase its fleet size to 18.
In January 2007, Air Arabia received a special certificate from Airbus for achieving the highest average level of A320 fleet utilization between (2005-2006). In June 2007, Airbus named Air Arabia winner of the award for Operational Excellence (2005-2007) for recording the world’s highest indicators for operational reliability.

320 star
4th Apr 2009, 19:35
Anyone knows what their utilization is? and how become airarabia among all A320 operators in the world can achieve the highest utilization year after year?:confused:

jamestaylor
4th Apr 2009, 22:22
There utilization is over 15-16 hours a day block. How do they do it? Nice long and short legs allow them to schedule the planes to maximize it. Its real smart and they are quite good............Second they only have 162 seats :D:Dso if not much baggage then they can extend their range

Spoogie
5th Apr 2009, 20:01
please don't forget to add that the turnaround times are really short between flights.

KRUGERFLAP
6th Apr 2009, 04:48
Ask their slave pilots. Lots of money,but no life.:ok:

Spoogie
6th Apr 2009, 16:42
KRUGERFLAP....curious...do you work at Air Arabia, or do you know anyone who works there?

kit330
7th Apr 2009, 07:26
hey Krug, if I were you I woulnd't blow no trumpets...EY ain't no bed of roses either...yah you may do 50-60hrs but remember there are other ways to make one a "slave"....:hmm: and if you call being on leave or off for about 2 months a year not having a life to spend all the "money" then go fly a sea plane in the maldives mate, you're on a continues holiday there...:ok:

PHAROH
8th Apr 2009, 19:56
Few monthes back i would have to disagree with you but from what i know every where else would be a Bed of Roses .

kit330
8th Apr 2009, 21:18
bro then you should go and try the roses....:)

PHAROH
8th Apr 2009, 21:23
I did :ok:

kit330
9th Apr 2009, 11:16
pharoh- excellent finally a man who not only talks but also walks the walk...come back to me after a year(cos thats the usual honeymoon period in a new company) and let me know how nice the roses smell then bro...Happy Flying in your new garden of eden ...:)

KRUGERFLAP
9th Apr 2009, 11:34
Man first i am not flying the 320,and second.It's impossilble to compare Air Arabia and Etihad. Wanna talk about package?

I give one thing to you.The CEO in Air Arabia is a very nice fellow and you can talk to him anytime.

Spoogie
9th Apr 2009, 12:12
not only the CEO...the management is quite receptive and the pilot body aswell...its a good GIG...and at the end of the day its all "OUR" airline. What's the bonus at EY or EK?

KRUGERFLAP
9th Apr 2009, 12:28
EK will be zero

EY i let you know at the end of the year

QR a big kick in your ASS!

Big Footer
19th Apr 2009, 09:33
Another successful brain wash surgery .
Looks like you fell for oldest trick in the book .

loc22550
19th Apr 2009, 12:07
Kruger : excellent definition of Q.R 's bonus!
Good one .:ok:

Spoogie
19th Apr 2009, 18:37
well judging frm your location and the fact that this is your second post as a probationary pruner. I would guess that your bonus was not what u expected!....u have a job Bro...cmon!

I am guessing that you are not happy there!?!?!

Big Footer
20th Apr 2009, 19:02
Spo Bro
People who look through keyholes are apt to get the idea that most things are keyhole shaped.

Spoogie
21st Apr 2009, 07:45
We chat about it some more when we fly together again!!!:ok:

Big Footer
21st Apr 2009, 11:40
who says he is willing to meet you halfway is usually a poor judge of distance. :ok: