PDA

View Full Version : Separate Hotels

Jack57
31st Mar 2009, 06:49
Is it not high time this was a reality?

Sorry, but we continually go downhill in this dept. and I for one have no interest in airport hotels or those situated in China town....

Other airlines put us to shame here.....

Rook
31st Mar 2009, 08:35
here here.

broadband circuit
31st Mar 2009, 12:42
Having 2 contracts in one city is an additional cost, so that would be taboo at the moment, you know, because times are tough.

Now, let's all ignore the 2 hotel situation in London. (COST!!!)

The other one that always gets mentioned is "Hongcouver". [please note sarcasm]. The trouble with a split there is that most of the non-Honky CC would rather not stay in Richmond either.

EngineOut
31st Mar 2009, 13:21
...or the two hotels in NYC

ron burgandy
31st Mar 2009, 13:40
Surely the current financial climate is precisely the time the company should be looking to secure deals at hotels above the current 3 star standard that we endure in some ports.

The Rama Garden would be a good place to start. The fact that it's now located at completely the opposite side of the city, coupled with the noisy, old, smelly, and light filled rooms should be grounds for a move. So what if it's been housing CX staff for 40 years, it's still well below par.

Vancouver's already been mentioned. London Hammersmith is only tolerated because everyone fears the alternative is the airport. Incheon, Taipai, the list goes on...........

If the people "negotiating" the contracts at the hotels can't get a good deal in the current climate perhaps we should ship them off to the fuel hedging division..............:ugh:

ACMS
1st Apr 2009, 06:02
Well we all know who does the hotel negotiating don't we.

Denly I don't know how.

mmmmmmmmmmm

parabellum
1st Apr 2009, 06:47
When I worked for a Middle East airline we often stayed at crappy hotels and it seemed impossible to get ourselves moved to a decent one, turned out the hotel were paying handsome backhanders to the negotiators to keep the contracts!