PDA

View Full Version : ideAAs

TE RANGI
29th May 2001, 12:51
Could anyone please provide an insider's view of the famous AA program, how it works, its effectiveness, rewards for the best tips, etc.

Does anyone know of similar programs throughout the industry?

Thanks a lot.

E. MORSE
29th May 2001, 13:06
does that stand for Anti-Alcoholics ?
:)

dallas dude
1st Jun 2001, 05:55
The point of the exercise is for staff to submit ideas that either: improve efficiency, save money, suggest a better implementation or dream up some new scheme that AA's brilliant management has somehow overlooked.

The rewards are "paid" in the form of achiever points or a $ percentage of the potential company saving.

Achiever points can be exchanged for 'free' computers, staff travel and anything else AA is peddling at awards' time.

If I sound cynical it's because the few pilot friends I know that have submitted ideas have usually been told "Well, we're already working on that idea so it doesn't really qualify (my ar$e)".

The company rag, Flagship News, usually lists all the brilliant money-saving ideas adopted each month.

On a plus side, the money saved over several years was enough to pay for a Boeing 777, which was delivered late last year. It was christened "Spirit of American", one of only two named AA aeroplanes (we don't go in for the river and forest stuff).

Cheers,dd.
(why is it one only spots spelling errors after hitting "submit now" ?)

[This message has been edited by dallas dude (edited 01 June 2001).]

Wino
1st Jun 2001, 08:03
There was an A&P that came up with a bracket that made it impossible to wire up a gen on a 727 out of phase. He got 100k+ I believe (the all time record, or so its been said).

The savings in time and mistakes were enormous.

A pilot did away with some needless duplication on the Jeps and he got a nice little reward too.

Cheers
Wino