PDA

View Full Version : CASA Drug and Alcohol Mailout

TROJAN764
30th Mar 2009, 02:54
I just received my package on Drug and Alcohol testing (etc) in today's mail. Not sure how much they spent on the plastic, fold together, desk calendar but they (or we as taxpayers) were short changed! Have a look at the calendar for 2010 - THERE IS NO MONTH OF MARCH!:O

Curved Approach
30th Mar 2009, 03:24
You have a very good eye.

Mine is already in the bin so can not see if it is the same!

Although seriously where is the accountability in our regulator....who approves that sort of expenditure!?!?

TROJAN764
30th Mar 2009, 03:32
Curved Approach
No, I don't really have a good eye. My wife rescued my copy from the bin (just to see what it was about) and is miffed at the omission because her birthday is in March.:ok:

GA715
30th Mar 2009, 03:37
You didn't see the month of March?

Very good, you passed the test. Your alcohol and drug free.:D

TROJAN764
30th Mar 2009, 03:39
GA715

Of course. How silly of me.:ugh:

Sunfish
30th Mar 2009, 04:37
Whoever designed and proof read that flyer at CASA must have a substance abuse problem.

Max Talk
30th Mar 2009, 04:40
Did they send any samples to try with the package ?

Zoomy
30th Mar 2009, 05:36
I cant find room on my desk to put the damn thing, bloody piece of rubbish what the hell is it anyway?

zoics88
30th Mar 2009, 05:40
i lost march 09 in a drug and alcohol fueled haze, seems next march is already lost along with all of the year in between!
;)

Jabawocky
30th Mar 2009, 06:26
Just another waste of money.

They would get better market penetration by posting these things as threads on PPRUNE.......... and then get free editing ....... all in the name of safety! :O

J:}

Beeroclock
30th Mar 2009, 06:32
Oh is that what it was!! Mine was ripped straight in half and into the recycle bin,will there be a fee from casa for doing that??

Hugh Jarse
30th Mar 2009, 07:16
It's all a plot, Troj764.

Effective 2011, we will be moving to a 6 month year so that CASA can make more efficient use of its resources in an effort to test as many miscreants as possible..

Henceforth, the months shall be named as follows:

Jabruary
Marpril
Mune
Julgust
Septober
Nocember

Thank you for your cooperation.:E

Now get back to work! :8

TROJAN764
30th Mar 2009, 07:55
G'Day Hugh

What do you mean "Get Back To Work"? Have you seen my roster? Working every single day over Easter - so much for being 'Part Time'.

I may even get a 'Simulated' Easter Egg on one of the days - if you get my drift!:hmm:

mustafagander
30th Mar 2009, 09:53
I got two. Same name and address. Is CASA trying to tell me something subtly?? :=

Zoomy
30th Mar 2009, 10:13
Ahh just looked at the calender through my kids kalaidescope thingy, and whamo there was march and all the days started blending and tangerine trees and marmalade skies, somebody calls me I answer quite softly,
the wife saying get off pprune, stop gossiping and yes hugh she says GET BACK TO WORK.:(

Douglas Mcdonnell
30th Mar 2009, 10:47
Hugh, I got a good laugh out of your post. I tried to do the applicable online course and fold together my casa plastic calender. Unfortunately after 3 bottles of red its all a bit difficult.

What a pack of tossers and we pay for this tripe!!.

DM

Ex FSO GRIFFO
31st Mar 2009, 00:45
Yeah! Whoever thought of this one should.........(drum roll....)

be told to........MARCH!! :ugh:

aussie027
31st Mar 2009, 04:22
I don't think CASA's desk calender should have even been made and certainly should have been proof read properly.:ugh::mad:
In my entire life I've never seen a calender incorrectly printed.
All that was needed was the cover letter and pamphlet.

I have taken my calender and letter to my Federal MP to see what he thinks and get him to ask a few Q of CASA as to how such an error occured and how much this cost us all. If the calender was not included the letter and pamphlet would have fit and been mailed in a standard letter envelope and not an A4 one.
I think it is a complete waste of our taxpayer dollars.:ugh::mad:
If I want a desk calender I will go buy one, I don't need the Govt wasting our money to give me one that is "free" and misprinted to boot.:mad:

Love your new calender Months Hugh:ok:

Pharcarnell
31st Mar 2009, 04:48
Methinks Hughie has a few of Larry Pickerings old political satirical referrences laying around to paraphrase.
Geez I remember them, I must be getting past it.

YPJT
31st Mar 2009, 05:08
Aussie 027, good on you for forwarding to your MP to ask the appropriate questions. :ok: I thought of doing the same but couldn't be fagged and just threw the lot in the bin. :zzz:

Well done CASA in making complete prats of yourselves and spending a fortune sending out worthless heaps of garbage. :mad:

Hugh Jarse
31st Mar 2009, 05:18
Sorry Pharc,
No paraphrasing. Made it up myself. Who's Larry Pickering?

Capt Claret
31st Mar 2009, 05:29
Jarse,

You've got to be joking. Who's Pickering????

http://www.larrypickering.net/gallery/images/hawke11.jpg

Plazbot
31st Mar 2009, 08:05
The Airservices training was pretty much 'Cocaine is awesome and it is pretty friggn hard to get caught using it, get on it'. Shame I already am addicted to Smack.

tmpffisch
31st Mar 2009, 08:38
Aside from the March issue, in 2010 Fridays and Saturday's are in bold, not Sat/Sun on the far right hand side columns.

NOT WITHSTANDING
31st Mar 2009, 08:44
Does this mean that I dont have to do my March Sim next year?:ok:

Deaf
31st Mar 2009, 11:55
In my entire life I've never seen a calender incorrectly printed.

Have seen a Vet Affairs calender with June 31 but the vets didn't get an extra days pension.

teresa green
31st Mar 2009, 13:41
Good, I am glad they got rid of March no more march flies, I no longer have to buy three birthday presents, and the stores will be able to take down the xmas decorations and put the easter bunny up straight away, and why do they keep sending me stuff, I am retired, and if I want to get pis$ed and try party drugs at the next rage party I will. :E

positivegee
31st Mar 2009, 13:42
tmpffischAside from the March issue, in 2010 Fridays and Saturday's are in bold, not Sat/Sun on the far right hand side columns.

Maybe they were going though withdrawals by the time they got to that end of the matrix?

This is a a perfect example of the piss poor performance we get from those who are paid top money to control our standards.

By the same standards that CASA would have me stood down and re-trained, and re-trained again if I failed, and sacked if I failed again. I would expect that the incompetent manager that approved this waste of our money, is stood down pending an investigation.

No wonder our economy is going down the chute, we waste so much of our hard earned on this crap.
+G

aussie027
31st Mar 2009, 16:23
Hi YPJT,
Thanks, I will post the reply info from my MP whenI get it, hopefully with some costing numbers.:ok:

Sunfish
31st Mar 2009, 19:26
Do you think if we asked CASA nicely they would send out some nice furry stuffed toys? You know, a little kangaroo or a wombat with a pilots helmet for the dash?

You could collect the entire set, but I guess you could only display all of them in cruise.

C441
1st Apr 2009, 00:05
Dear Mr CASA,
Thank you for your lovely colored calendars so beautifully printed on high quality plastic.

However, I already have a number of other calendars, so in future could you not waste your hard earned money on such excesses and put that cash towards my licence and medical renewal fees, thus saving me some cash too.

Thank you.

mikk_13
1st Apr 2009, 00:11
I'm just waiting for the new corrected version to arrive so i can file that one in the bin with the first one.

Led Zep
1st Apr 2009, 03:33
mikk_13, you won't get one unless you have paid for the calendar subscription amendments, at $420 for 11 months, $780 will get you the 12 month "March Package."

TROJAN764
1st Apr 2009, 03:49
LZ
If you do buy the 'March Package', it can only be claimed as a 'work expenses' tax deduction if you actually fly during the month of March.

Have I created a monster?:E

goin'flyin
1st Apr 2009, 04:02
I have just got back to my office for the first time in 2 weeks to find a pile of about 200 brochures on random drug testing, and 2 cylinders packed to capacity with same in wall poster form. Ever so slightly excessive for a 1 plane/1 pilot operation. :ugh::ugh:

Money well spent AGAIN

tea & bikkies
1st Apr 2009, 04:56
Maybe we could apply for a dispensation to cancel march for ever. Mmmm... 31 spare days a year, just what we all need.

Thermal Bandit
1st Apr 2009, 10:08
I was handed the printed material on the Drugs and Alcohol testing by a CASA staff member at Avalon in a stubby cooler – the printed material is in the bin the stubby cooler is still in service :ok:

Led Zep
1st Apr 2009, 13:11
I've got it!
The lack of March is a clever move by CASA on K.Rudd's behalf. By removing one month of the year, we all get one month's less pay but have to work far harder and longer to do our 1000 hours a year. In one single genuis move, Ruddy has saved our employers collective millions in wages, annual leave and super and you all get one less sick day a year. Yet by still allowing us to work up to 1000 hours per calendar year and having one month less to do it in, he (and CASA) has increased productivity while costing companies less, thus creating a far more efficient economic and sustainable model.
That, PPRuNers, is why March is missing!

:E :}

Lodown
1st Apr 2009, 15:50
March is missing because the final draft was in the dunny to allow everyone to review it during a period of quiet time.

Then the paper ran out.

It's a pity the final product wasn't printed on a roll of soft two-ply. At least it would have been good for something.

tea & bikkies
2nd Apr 2009, 04:30
Hey it keeps getting better....

After laughing hysterically at the errors already discussed, my daughter pointed out to me that in the 2010 calender;

SEPT 30th IS A THURS....SO IS THE 1st OCTOBER .....WTF

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE,

OCT 31st IS A SATURDAY AND NOVEMBER 1st IS A MONDAY

Where is my bloody sunday, I WANT MY SUNDAY:{

Pinky the pilot
2nd Apr 2009, 04:48
Mine went in the plastic recycle bin but I fished it back out again. It and the letter, along with a summary of all errors will be going to my Federal MP.

Can't wait to see how CASA will try to wriggle out of this cock up!!:ugh::mad:

ampclamp
2nd Apr 2009, 12:09
Bugger , was going to smashed for my half century. Ripped off!!
That is just one of the best c0ck ups I've seen in a while.No March, 2 Thursdays in a row.Blooming brilliant.
Well spotted.
This could become a collectors item like stamps that are misprints!!
Something of value from our esteemed regulators!!

A Comfy Chair
2nd Apr 2009, 12:33
I just tried the website on there... Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Home (http://www.casa.gov.au/aod) ... says the page doesn't exist.

Is this all a big April (or March) fool? :}

whitenuckles
2nd Apr 2009, 23:14
It is little wonder that CASA sting CPL's $80-90 for processing our annual medicals. When they waste money on grandiose mail-outs. Education on the new drug and alcohol policy is one thing and it should be applauded. But please Mr CASA, surely you can do that at a much lower cost and just as effectively.

Why cant we get rid of the spin doctor element in our society?

ampclamp
3rd Apr 2009, 02:53
Could not agree more.Cut the crap just send out a letter and stop the sales pitch and "awareness campaign " nick nacks.
WOFTAM.

A calendar I cant read without specs & loaded with errors. Who would not have a 2009 calendar by now anyway?
As for the 2010 ....:uhoh: so thats 2 sides of the triangle pretty much useless...

capt.cynical
3rd Apr 2009, 03:12
If things like this go true to form,those responsible will, in the near future; BE PROMOTED.:{:ugh:

Sunfish
3rd Apr 2009, 03:36
However was supposed to proofread this thing was drunk or high.

SIUYA
3rd Apr 2009, 03:49
CASA didn't send me a calender :{

Think I'll complain..................everyone else should too by the sounds of things! And don't forget to complain about the new CASA website at the same time too, because it doesn't work the way it should either! :ugh:

CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner
If you have a complaint for CASA there are a number of ways to let [them] know:

Online: via the online form
Phone: 02 6217 1717
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 02 6217 1444
Mail: GPO Box 2005
Canberra ACT 2601

Alternatively, if you would like to speak to someone personally please contact Michael Hart, Industry Complaints Commissioner, by phone on 02 6217 1181 or email [email protected].

IAW
4th Apr 2009, 04:11
However was supposed to proofread this thing was drunk or high.
Okay, was this intentional? :D

ampclamp
4th Apr 2009, 09:35
Not a chance imho. Just a balls up.

Ejector
5th Apr 2009, 06:28
Aside from the March issue, in 2010 Fridays and Saturday's are in bold, not Sat/Sun on the far right hand side columns.

Proof read by Allah

Captain Dart
5th Apr 2009, 06:36
I recently sent my email of complaint about the 'calendar' to the above address. The words 'incompetence', 'waste' and 'standards' were features of the text. Is there anyone with knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act who can advise on finding out what this debacle cost us all?

CharlieLimaX-Ray
5th Apr 2009, 08:31
It just makes me even more worried about the Casa drug testing programme. Gee if you can't print a calendar and get that correct, what will it be like when they start doing the drug test's?

What wonder that genius get's paid a year for his/her quality work output?

aussie027
5th Apr 2009, 10:36
Hi Capt Dart,
I have my Fed MP looking into it so shouldnt need FOI act.
We will see what they end up telling him. My letter to my MP and a few follow up emails were hard core and pulled no punches.
I will post any reply details when I get one.

Charlie Foxtrot India
5th Apr 2009, 14:31
Maybe they thought we'd all be too pissed to notice.

Lodown
6th Apr 2009, 01:47
Does anyone read half the crap that comes from the CASA PR and industry education department these days? I guess they have to put something out or get their budget massacred for next year.

Charlie Foxtrot India
6th Apr 2009, 02:51
And on the bit of the triangle that doesn't have a silly calendar on it, it says:

"The permitted level for alcohol is a concentration less than 0.02 grams of alcohol in 210 litres of breathe..." :ugh:

And yes I already had several FREE 2009 calendars thanks to various friendly suppliers!

Perhaps the money wasted on this could have been used instead to give us ATOs a break from having to pay CASA for the privilege of exercising our delegations... :*

Erin Brockovich
6th Apr 2009, 09:17
My wife threw mine away before I had a chance to look at it. She’s my personal junk mail filter. When I queried the plastic sitting in the bin I was told “you don’t need any more useless crap in your office!”

Again she was right.

Danger Mouse
6th Apr 2009, 11:55
I am pleased to see that you all agree that this is such a waste when we pay hourly rates to CASA 3 times what the industry workers earn (they are supposed to be on industry rates) and then find they waste it like this. I think we should all start posting back to the CASA CEO on mass any PR brochures and junk they send us as a continual protest.

By the way, did you know that CASA specify the sensititvity of the testing equipment that must be used for testing under our new DAMP programs? Did you know that there is no one in Australia at the moment who has the equipment that can conduct the testing to the required levels of sensitivity?

HHmmmm

bellsux
6th Apr 2009, 23:16
my reply...

Hi (bellsux),

Thanks for your comments, they have been noted and are appreciated.
We have reviewed current policy and procedures to ensure changes are effected to prevent recurrence.

It is encouraging to note that you read the material and I trust it assists you in maintaining safe skies for all.
Best regards,

bellsux
6th Apr 2009, 23:19
but the best bit was the last line of the email from casa

"Please consider the environment before printing this email"

TROJAN764
6th Apr 2009, 23:48
BELLSUX

I too sent a note (e-mail) to CASA and the wording of the response I received is, with the exception of one word, identical to their reply to you. I guess they must have proof read it (properly this time), found no errors, and decided to us it as the standard reply.

YPJT
7th Apr 2009, 02:34
You have to wonder if CASA know how stupid they make themselves look when they send out patronising drivel like that.:mad::mad::mad:

Just got back from the post office where I picked up a big fat post tube from our friends at the authority. you guessed it, more crap from the AOD section. In fact 4 different messages and 5 posters of each. That gives us 2.5 posters of each type for every employee that will be affected by our DAMP. Well done CASA.

Aerodynamisist
7th Apr 2009, 05:54
They are rolled up so damm tight that there of no use. Not one picture of an Aircraft in the lot. You could give us all free maps and daps with the monney it cost to put out this stuff, It's enough to make a man turn to drink.

Wunwing
7th Apr 2009, 08:16
Danger Mouse
I am no fan of DAMP or the way it has been implimented but don't let the facts spoil a good story. I managed to find a large organisation that can test to the CASA standards by a quick internet search for my area and one phone call.
Wunwing

tea & bikkies
7th Apr 2009, 13:46
And who tests the CASA bloke doing the test?
Fair question..

CharlieLimaX-Ray
7th Apr 2009, 22:50
So are CASA FOI's get tested as well?

Ovation
8th Apr 2009, 09:55
I know it's a waste of a stamp and envelope, but why not send the calender back to CASA addressed to Richard Farmer, whose name appears on the accompanying letter.

It won't change anything, but at least someone in CASA will be reminded again and again that some of his target audience think he's a dick-head.

:ugh:

hole.digger
8th Apr 2009, 10:43
Excited to recieve the latest bit of CASA crapaganda today. A flash- as plastic desk calendar, personally adressed to my lucky self. Oh, the joy!
Having enthusiastically gobbled up all the relevant safety related information contained on the title side, I turned with great pleasure to the side showing dates for 2009. Wonderment gushed over me.
What joys may 2010 hold? I turn the calendar with baited breath...
"WHERE THE **** IS MARCH!?"
CASA, may I please have a bithrday next year? Please?
And by the way, (to quote the same page) "IS YOUR MEDICATION A SAFETY ISSUE?"

gruntyfen
9th Apr 2009, 08:19
Richard Farmer no longer appears as being in charge of PLET? The CASA org chart shows a Simon Denby in the acting post. The new CEO may have started to make some changes.

teresa green
9th Apr 2009, 10:51
I always found any notams from BASI aka CASA along with airline manuals were best kept in the dunny, reading any of them removed any problems with constipation, as the whole thing normally gave you the sh$ts, and so removed any chance of you having to buy a over the counter remedy. It also hastened your removal from said room, as normally your daughter (s) has said occupation of that room around 23 hours a day (or so it seems) so ending family disputes (of which you had no chance of winning anyway) so they do have some purpose, they are also good for holding old spare grog fridge door in place, one of my TAA old manuals has done that job beautifully for some years.

notmyC150v2
16th Apr 2009, 02:01
From Brisbanetimes.com.au today.

January, February, April, May ...Tony Moore
April 16, 2009 - 11:52AM
It is a desktop calendar with a good heart and sensible messages for Australia's pilots.

Don't drink and fly, don't take drugs and check the medication of your prescription drugs.

It has handy calendars for 2009 and 2010.

The only thing it is missing is the month of March.

The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) this month sent a colour plastic printed desktop calendar, to about 20,000 private pilots around Australia.

It was supposed to remind pilots about the new compulsory alcohol and drug testing for Australian airlines which starts at the end of April.

Instead, recipients are taking notice for other reasons.

"Whoever designed and proof read that flyer at CASA must have a substance abuse problem," wrote `Curved Approach' on the Professional Pilots rumour website.

Another poster, `Sunfish', was not so eagle-eyed.

"My wife rescued my copy from the bin (just to see what it was about) and is miffed at the omission because her birthday is in March."

CASA's media manger Peter Gibson is fully aware of the mistake.

"Obviously it was an oversight," Mr Gibson groans.

"And we are not pretending that it was something that we developed as a strategy or something," he said.

"But we have received quite a few emails and people are blogging about it."

The cost is described as "modest". But there wouldn't be much change from $10,000.

And no, there won't be a reprint.

Joker 10
16th Apr 2009, 10:38
Old Chinese proverb," Unroll the map to reveal the sword hidden inside" probably fits the CASA posters quite well.

3 Holer
16th Apr 2009, 10:51
I already have a desk top calender for 2009 and by the look of the CASA desktop calenders, I won't be using their 2010 (March or no March) one anyway!;)

Pinky the pilot
16th Apr 2009, 11:19

Mine is'nt like that Ejector. Omigawd, can it be that someone actually found that error during the print run but not the missing Month??:eek::confused::ooh:

Teach me to look properly.:= The last column of 2010 does indeed bold the dates of Fridays and Saturdays. Dunno where I was looking earlier.:O

Thanks ampclamp.:ok:

ampclamp
16th Apr 2009, 13:08
how about the 2 thursdays in a row? Did they find that?
Mine has all 3 , no March, 2 Thursdays in a row on Sept 30 and Oct 1 & last column of has Fri and Sat bolded as weekends not Sat Sun.Column header is Sat Sun but the dates are for Fri Sat.
Collectors item! :hmm:

A37575
17th Apr 2009, 13:17
Mixed Reviews For CASA’s Drug and Alcohol Program | Aviation Advertiser ? - Online Magazine (http://www.aviationadvertiser.com.au/2009/04/mixed-reviews-for-casas-drug-and-alcohol-program/)

Worth reading and nice to see a no punches pulled point of view.

Lodown
17th Apr 2009, 14:56
One of our correspondents enquires:

“Are there laws with which the operator is not required to comply?

“Are there laws with which the operator is required to comply but will not do so?

“Are there laws with which the operator considers itself obliged to comply but not strictly?

“Are there laws that do not result in penalties for failure to comply?

“Is this not all un-necessary and irrelevant blather?”

The CASA's Napolean complex at work? The CASA has become toothless. It knows it is not enforcing effectively, so the rules become ever more obtuse, wordy, self-indulgent and threatening in an effort to impose an image that Hell hath no fury like a CASA scorned, but in effect leaving holes wide enough to fly an A380 through. If this legislative claptrap had ever gone near the desk of Reg Meissner, the four letter words would have been heard in Cape York. Maybe the CASA has employed some succinct law writing experts from the ATO.

Aerodynamisist is on the right track. $10G of useless calendars and self-promotion would go a long way towards a "modest" issue of current WACs, VTCs and ERSAs to the bug smashers and pilot trainees.

Obidiah
18th Apr 2009, 22:36
Anyone know if they have this material printed on stubby holders and wine coolers?
Perhaps a suggested humour range;

DAMP
Dumb Ars*d Marketing and Promotions

DAMP
Not as wet as some

DAMP
Don't Ask Me i'm Pis*ed

I "heard" CASA inspectors are exempt from the requirements of DAMP any truth in it? Perhaps endemic dry rot.

flying_shortly
22nd Apr 2009, 12:19
Hi,

I can't post a new thread so I'll just have to post my query here. I'm training at the moment but am worried that a past encounter with magic mushrooms might jeopardise my future career. I've heard that they contail similar chemical characteristics to LSD which I have heard can be tested for years after intake. Does anyone know if it's the same case with mushrooms? I only took them once.

Thank you in advance.

ampclamp
24th Apr 2009, 06:48
I like that one, dont ask me I'm p!55ed.
lol!! :ok:

ampclamp
24th Apr 2009, 06:56
the active ingredient usually has a half life of 2 or 3 hours.However what can be picked and for how long I dont know.
Some mushys may have slightly different chemical structures.Seek pro advice is my suggestion.Maybe get your own blood tests done just to be sure.

B767MAD
13th May 2009, 09:40
Cold 1 Me 0

Having just returned from my local chemist with my list of no no's I'm now on tea and soup with the option of nasal spray and all the other things we know. It did save me a few bucks at the till but I'll be off work for a day or two.

I did ask my chemist and he mentioned Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) has a half life of 2 days or so. Wait 3 days after the last dose. Phenylephrine (Sudafed PE) has limited info and no clear answer could be given (at my chemist).

hope of some interest

**waiting for gun fire**

tmpffisch
13th May 2009, 10:52
Was in the same boat as you two weeks ago B767MAD

Not only could the pharmacist not prescribe anything with listed banned items such as codine in it, but anything else (such as nasal sprays) could metabolise in my body into something banned.

Only option - keep my fluids up, lots of garlic and vitamin c tablets.

Biggles_in_Oz
13th May 2009, 12:59
From the Age Aviation sector faces widespread drug testing | theage.com.au (http://www.theage.com.au/national/aviation-sector-faces-widespread-drug-testing-20090512-b1wb.html)
Under the system, any staff member of an airline, government agency, engineering or ground services company found with a blood-alcohol level of more than 0.02 per cent, or any trace of drugs, would be immediately stood down. The worker would have a second test and see a doctor for an assessment.

If a doctor detects a dependence problem, the employee will enter rehabilitation. Staff whose misuse of drugs or alcohol is assessed as one-off or out of character will be able to return to work after a brief break. Offenders may also face fines up to $5500.

Still seems to me to be a 'guilty until proven innocent' approach to a low occurence/fatality/injury issue. (but unfortunately a high-profile issue)

Angle of Attack
13th May 2009, 13:35
Forget about it it is a boon to employees! If you use any drugs for the flu or cold just require an extra 2 days sick leave! CASA wants it we will deliver with more sickness! lol! Very simple really! At the end of the day we can get sick certificates very easily, what doctor is going to force you to work? hehe, Welcome to the world of Pain CASA haha! you made it! Now live with it!
:ok:

aussie027
27th May 2009, 07:28
Hi Everyone,
I just got the letter back from my MP and a copy of letter he rec from CASA. 2 days ago. A speedy 2month reply time from my original letter, 6-8weeks is the Govt standard from what I was told.:mad::ugh:

Here are the facts, straight from the horses mouth,....or should that be ass???

60,000 calenders produced at a cost of-$34, 854 PLUS Mailing costs of $17864 so TOTAL COST == $52,718.
Our F***ing User Fees in action people................... :mad::mad::mad::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Dangly Bits
27th May 2009, 09:38
It's not user fees. The whole AOD programme was funded separately by government. $52.718 divided by the tax paying population works out to be $0.0175 per person. I want my 1 point seven five cents back you horrible public servants....:\

aussie027
27th May 2009, 11:41
I don't care what budget allocation the money came out of, it is a massive waste of our money.
:mad::mad::mad::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Jabawocky
27th May 2009, 12:30
And it did get us talking about it................:hmm:

YPJT
7th Oct 2009, 05:22
I think maybe CASA plans to recover some of their costs by fining the organisations that haven't submitted their DAMP returns by the due date. Apparently nasty letters have been sent out by CASA threatening $5000 fines.

hmmm 11 poor souls at $5K each can more than make up for calendar fiasco.:ugh: