PDA

View Full Version : C210 Undercarriage Schematics/Diagrams

Gearup2
30th Mar 2009, 02:53
Looking for a wiring diagram for the C210 K model undercarriage system. Also after a hydraulic schematic or diagram. Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Already tried asking my local LAME) :{
Any info or help would be greatly appreciated :ok:

SCE to Aux
30th Mar 2009, 12:01
It's been more than 15 years since I worked on these, but I recall that there are quite a number of slightly different systems used on C210s and that there is even some variation within models so that a serial number will be required to determine the actual configuration your aircraft uses.

If it's your own aircraft, I'd suggest having the gear door mod done, as this simplifies the system and greatly improves reliability without sacrificing performance.

rutan around
30th Mar 2009, 21:25
Gearup2, I'm not a LAME but I have 3,000 hrs+ in 210s and currently operate one. I suggest your best course of action is to ask around and find a LAME who is maintaining several 210s. Also become a member of the Cessna Pilots Association. They have excellent tech notes on all manner of things to do with 210s including undercarriage trouble shooting. Also members can direct questions to their technical staff who are very knowledgeable and helpful. In the meantime I would not remove the gear doors as actually it doesn't very much simplify the system or make it more reliable. 210s have a sequential electrical and hydraulic system which includes the switching system for the doors whether they are there or not. With all due respect most 210 undercarriage problems are caused by people fiddling with them when they don't know what they're doing. CPA has good information on this. 210s are actually a bit slower with the gear doors removed. As well all the electrics and hydraulics in the rear well to do with the uplock system are then exposed to dust and mud. 210Ns and later came out with no gear doors and no uplocks and on them the gear is held up purely with hydraulic pressure. Your K model came out with an engine-driven hydraulic pump which is always on whilst the engine is running. You'll need to check whether yours was ever upgraded to the later electro-hydraulic system, which has its own problems but is generally pretty good.
There are many horror stories about multi-thousand dollar 'fixes' to 210 undercarriage systems which should have been a matter of a simple adjustment. I can't emphasise more strongly - get a LAME who knows 210s, intimately if not better. Hope this is of some help, and good luck

Gearup2
30th Mar 2009, 23:26
Rutan Around , check your PM's

VH-BCY
31st Mar 2009, 04:42
Gearup2, the LAME who signed the last MR should have up to date info. If not, then he is illegally signing it out. You can buy a complete copy of the manuals for only $20US, goto McCurtain Technology Group - Cessna 200 Series Products (http://www.mccurtaintg.com/cessna2.htm) . I keep a burnt copy of the disk in my early model C210, just in case it brakes down in the middle of nowhere and the maintenance shop don't normally look after C210s. Hope this helps. :ok:

Gearup2
31st Mar 2009, 23:33
It’s along story been having undercarriage problems for while, they do have the manuals but they don’t want me looking at them! My argument is if we don’t know how the system works how are we meant to fault find in the air and diagnose or solve faults or problems. But what would I know I’m just a pilot check to the line and fly the line as they say!:ugh:

Thanks for the link VH-BCY is there many pages of the hydraulic schematics or wiring diagrams? You couldn’t possibly email those pages?:bored:

rioncentu
1st Apr 2009, 00:06
There should be a good enough schematic in the POH. I am sure my 210N has it.

VH-BCY
1st Apr 2009, 02:02
Gearup, yes there are many pages with lots of colour showing each of the stages of the retract cycle. I find it hard to believe a LAME would not allow you to look at those manuals. The more intimite you can be with them, the better your chances are of diagnosing. Even small little problems will eventually lead to more costly major problems.
For under $50A those manuals are worth it. They are not the latest approved manuals, but for the earlier models, nothing has changed over the years. I wish I can help you with copies, but that would be breaching copy right laws and plus I'm strugling to find any time to do anything these days. I have 4 of my aircrafts down at the moment. Best of luck. :ok: