PDA

View Full Version : ATPL JAA 14exams in one take ?

gdukkoq
29th Mar 2009, 23:04
I have booked all 14 exams of the JAA ATPL in one time (4days) and I have a month to study (mostly Bristol question bank) is it possible to pass all 14 in one take, does anyone here made it ? Let me know...
Cheers:ok:

AlphaMale
29th Mar 2009, 23:13
Wow - brave!

Keep us updated on your progress.

citation89
30th Mar 2009, 00:27
I agree, very brave!

Good luck rather you than me

Nashers
30th Mar 2009, 02:34
have you done any studying at all yet?

i would hate to think people flying 70+ tons around in the sky did no form of studying and only went through a question bank....

INNflight
30th Mar 2009, 07:55
In Germany for example, you have to take all 14 exams during one single take, but with one month of prep??? Naaaah :ooh:

Keep us posted, do you have any previous experience?

HighHeeled-FA
30th Mar 2009, 08:08
one month?

Impossible. 14 modules divided by lets say 30 days means 2 days prep per module. B*ll*cks.

mackey
30th Mar 2009, 08:47
That my friend, is a very tall order.:confused:

I took 9 in one week and that was tough enough although did pas 7 of them!

You cannot learn a subject purely by feedback alone, you have not told us whether you have had any groundschool training, even if you had done the BS 2 weekbrush up, personally I think you need to have a re-think, you could be re-decorating the CAA building with your cash for nothing!:{

Just a thought.

M.

apruneuk
30th Mar 2009, 08:53
gdukkoq

I see from your previous posts that you have approx. 2400 and an ICAO ATP. While the FAA have long since published their entire question bank (700-1000 questions per exam), the Europeans work on the assumption that by doing this all that will happen is that students would merely learn the answers to the published questions and not study the subjects (like they do :hmm:).

What actually happens in Europe is that flight schools debrief students after the exams and then they publish their versions of the question bank. Some schools are better at it than others but none can say that they have all of the questions for sure (or the correct answers!). The other difference between Europe and the FAA is that the European question bank is much larger than the American one and, even if it were available officially, it would be a tall order to memorize enough to pass all 14 exams in one sitting.

Good luck - you will be a Wannabe hero if you crack it!

AP

gdukkoq
30th Mar 2009, 09:19
Actually I have learn most of this during previous airlines interviews, but it is true 14 in one take is a little bit over the edge, and I am considering doing it but if you tell me this is impossible I will do it in 2 times, it just that I live 20 hrs away from the UK, and it is the closest center for me to take the exams. I was just trying to see if someone did it. But thanks for the comments I will not try to be a Hero ;) I will use your advices :ok:

sion22
30th Mar 2009, 10:22
???

Are u in Texas or left there now?

Florida has exam centre and Texas might soon too

20 h from UK puts you where
There is Australia and Malaysia?

gdukkoq
30th Mar 2009, 11:35
No I am not in the US anymore, and to go there takes 3 legs and cost me 1100Euros. I know about the center in Florida but this is even further for me right now. That is why I wanted to try the 14 in one take because it is expensive in Flight tickets... But it seems that 14 in one take is impossible, so I'll take it in two times.

martinhauptman007
30th Mar 2009, 12:07
Hi!

I have passed 12 in one take, but had 3 months to study - hey, nothing is impossible:)

wobble2plank
30th Mar 2009, 12:09
If you reckon you're 'prepped' and have jumped through the hoops that the CAA place on the system then go for it. Why you need months between the exams when you think you're ready is anyone's guess.

I did all the exams I needed in a single sitting and it wasn't stressful in the slightest.

Enjoy.

Don't bother with the coffee machine on the ground floor, get the good, subsidised stuff from the canteen on the top floor.

Whirlygig
30th Mar 2009, 12:22
The chances of you passing all 14 are slim; not impossible, but slim. So, if you have to come to the UK for a resit anyway, why not take the pressure off yourself and do the exams in two sittings.

Cheers

Whirls

2close
30th Mar 2009, 12:46
A friend of mine sat all 14 in one go and passed all first time.

However, prior to sitting the exams he spent 8 months studying for the exams whilst working as a ME CFI/CFII in the USA and also attended 4 weeks of Brush-Ups in the UK.

So it can be done but in 1 month? I think that would be too much.

Yebo
30th Mar 2009, 17:16
I did take the all 14 exams and passed in one go.
My background at the time? CAA standard CPL, ICAO ATPL, 4000 hrs total, 1500 airline captain multicrew turboprop.
Study 2 months with jeppeson books and distance learning material from AFT Coventry and 5 day brushup before the exams.
I do not recomend it to anyone as it proved to be very hard phisicaly and mentaly!
I average marks on high 80s with two 100 and two 76.
At the end of the day I was just lucky and I can say that most of the merit goes for my previous knowlege and experience and the good tips on exam technics at the brushup. unfortunately there was litle feedback questions at that time, but I think it woudnt have made big diference anyway.
My advice: if you have time, do it the proper way take it in two sessions, take the time to learn your subjects, it will not only make you proud of your exam marks, but you will definetely need that knowlege in the future.

Fly safe

Yebo

irishone
30th Mar 2009, 17:43
When I did mine, IAA ATPL's, an american guy did them in one go. Passed them all I heard. So its possible!
Rather you than me though... Best of luck!

tigermagicjohn
30th Mar 2009, 18:10
I know that in Norway - they expect you to do all 14 exams in one go, over a 2 week period.
I am currently doing ATPL with a Norwegian school distance learning, and that's what they expect me to do.

So I guess it can not be impossible!

Davina777
30th Mar 2009, 18:27
Wow, be sure to write back- Best of luck, I really really hope you do knock em out in 1!!

tigermagicjohn
30th Mar 2009, 19:04
I have to admit I am a bit stunned by this fact, but I have no other choice. But believe me, that day they are done and dusted - will be a big day, but I do not think it will be easy!

quant
31st Mar 2009, 05:57
may the force be with you :p

fadedfootpaths
31st Mar 2009, 08:53
Good Luck!!! If you pass your exams, take me out and get me a vodka-redbull:ok::ok::ok::ok:

tigermagicjohn
31st Mar 2009, 17:56
Yes, will be Vodka redbull for anyone who wants, all night and day long!