PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseat request for Ryanair

AJ
10th Nov 2000, 02:23
Dear Sir/Madam

I will be flying on FR414 on the 18thNov to PIK from STN and would love to have the opportunity to ride in the jumpseat for this flight.

I am flying back on the 401 on the same day, if that is any help!

If anything, what are the chances of being able to visit the FD on this short flight?

Regards
AJ (email in profile)

TPuk
10th Nov 2000, 03:50
AJ,

Chances are very high as long as you prepare a short note (possibly slightly longer than the one above) detailing your love for flying, ambitions etc. Remember to mention, or even include any licenses you have.

Hand it to the No.1 on boarding. As long as you follow all the usual common sense rules, I doubt you'll have any problems at all. Allowing keen wannabes to ride on the jump seat is one thing that Ryanair ARE good at.

Why didn't you fly Go!!! :)

Rusty Cessna
10th Nov 2000, 04:18
Why TPuk!

I second that motion! :) :) :)

Rusty

AJ
10th Nov 2000, 04:25
Thanks Tpuk;

Ryanair because they're cheaper-I'm only going for the day to try and get a jumpseat :) before comng back for lectures!! Rusty, you know what I mean :)

Determined Wannabe.

airbourne
10th Nov 2000, 09:19
If any of the other Ryan boys are looking, big thanks to Cpt. Peter Gallagher who gave me jumpseat on FR112 DUB -LGW last Tuesday morning. A great experience as always, and a chance to thank all the skippers that have given me jumpseat any time I request it. TPuk, if youre STN crew, please pass on my regards to Simon Offord for me also, he'll remember me from the Ash Bash! LDY - STN.

AB

[This message has been edited by airbourne (edited 10 November 2000).]

TPuk
10th Nov 2000, 21:30
AJ,

If you don't mind disclosing the info - I'd be interested to hear how much the day return fare is. Also, how far in advance did you book?

Cheers.

The Guvnor
10th Nov 2000, 21:49
Last time I flew FR STN-PIK, the ticket was 50p - yes, you read it right, 50p each way by booking through www.ryanair.com (http://www.ryanair.com)

Airport taxes and duties added £18 to that, though! :) :) :)

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

ZAZOO
11th Nov 2000, 16:33
AJ,

No problems!
Flew back from Malmo on thursday with Ryanair
flight 255 at 21:45 local, I passed on a request to the flightdeck via the cabin crew while boarding the aircraft and was granted my jumpseat request almost immediately.
These guys are really cool.
If anyone of the crew is reading this page, I
just wanna say thankyou to the whole crew and I had a fab time.

P.S. Nice landing David!

AJ
11th Nov 2000, 16:49
Guvnor-you lucky person-50p!!!

My fare is 4.50 each way+15pounds taxes.

Along the same lines, it's cheaper for me to FLY home from Uni Easyjet-5pounds LTN-LPL including taxes.

Thanks for all your feedback.

AJ
11th Nov 2000, 16:58
ps; flight was booked on thursday for next saturday.