PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool-London air service

Luke Mc
4th Sep 2001, 20:59
Hello
I am from Liverpool, and up until the early 90s LPL had a link with Heathrow operated by BD. This was dropped as a result of BD using thier aircraft on more profitable European routes. LPL has not had a Heathrow link since, but at present it has no link with London, but I think it is important that LPL has a link with either LHR or LGW, it is now the fastest growing regional airport in the country with pax figures exceeding 2M, so I think that at this performance it deserves the slots at Londons major airports, but attempts to obtain slots there up until now are almost fruiless. Considering the fact the BRA has found slots for an LBA-LGW service, and London is already served for London by BMI/BD, why could not they find slots for LPL which has no London service, I really think a London service would add to the success of LPL.
Luke

chiglet
4th Sep 2001, 22:39
Luke,
Not "quite" true
There WAS a LPL-LHR service operated by BA, using VC8s. BD/BMI took it over using DC9 a/c. On the inaugural flight, there were 18 pax....That included the Mayoral party! [I was on detatched duties there, then] :p
VLM [Rubens] tried an extension service Rotterdam=LCY-LPL, and guess what....No one used it.
With 18+ return flights per day 30-45 mins away just WHO would even think about it now?
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

You want it when?
5th Sep 2001, 13:37
On previous history - I believe the Guvnor could help this thread. How about it - any spare widebodies to put into play?

Brakes to Park
5th Sep 2001, 14:08
I believe that EuroCeltic plan to operate the route in the near future using F27s (so I was told by one of their F/Os recently).