PDA

View Full Version : nanchang darwin

hole.digger
29th Mar 2009, 10:20
anyone know who operates the nanchang/ yak at emkaytee? are they still there?
thanks

hole.digger
30th Mar 2009, 09:38
190 views and no reply? ...anyone?

muddergoose
30th Mar 2009, 09:52
is it PJH you are thinking of?

Widewoodenwingswork
30th Mar 2009, 09:55
It used to be owned by The Kite (prune handle) and another fellow but I know The Kite has since sold his share and is building a kit helicopter in Caloundra to try and kill himself in. It may still be up there or it may not be.

hole.digger
30th Mar 2009, 10:54
No idea of the rego or owner. Saw it a few months back doing what looked alot like aerobatic jollies for tourist/ corporate team building types. Didn't get the chance to ask. Was thinking (if it's available) a few laps in the 'chang on the weekend would be a good way to "de-charter". DIY or not...

NTremotepilot
31st Mar 2009, 00:03
the last time I saw it it was hangered out at Emkaytee. the guys in the workshop there would probably be able to point you in the right direction

Pharcarnell
31st Mar 2009, 05:03
The last time I saw it, it was a pile of ash on the Batchelor strip after an EFATO.
Haven't heard if it's been replaced yet. Would like to know.

Roving Tech
31st Mar 2009, 06:34
There is still one in the corner of the hanger at MKT I saw it about 3 weeks ago

tinpis
31st Mar 2009, 06:37
I did hear a single round engine beating around darwhine last week. Have no idea what, but it wasnt a Harvard

troppo
31st Mar 2009, 08:40
Tin,

I would have thought you would have recognised the sound of a sopwith camel from your youth?

CoodaShooda
1st Apr 2009, 05:07
You sure tinny?

There is a Harvard operating out of the Warbirds Hangar.

One of Coodakid 3's teachers flies the Yak. Its apparently available for joy flights but I don't have any details.

Fark'n'ell
1st Apr 2009, 08:45
I would have thought you would have recognised the sound of a sopwith camel from your youth?

Hey Troppo give Tinny a break. He's prolly not much older than me.
As for the Nanchang, delightfull aeroplane to fly.Only needs another 100 hp :)

philr
12th Apr 2009, 07:36
Hi All,

The Yak - 52, VH-MKT is currently full of fuel and at the rear of the 'Aviation Toy-Box' (hangar) at MKT south of Darwhine...it flew just two weeks ago but sadly most of the syndicate are too busy flying other things .... AAh the 'dry' is here methinks and time for some aeros.

PhilR:ok:

tinpis
12th Apr 2009, 08:26
Thunk I saw and heard a Harvard this arvo?
Whos issit ?

philr
14th Apr 2009, 10:59
The Trojan belongs to one NB of LAME fame...it flew last night just before last light. Even landed at MKT a few weeks back.

p:D