PDA

View Full Version : A bit more civil please?

Ex Servant
13th Oct 2001, 00:22
During the years I spent flying everyone used to treat each other as a friend and colleague regardless of who we flew for. Sure we used to have different opinions about other airlines we'd worked for or on other matters. Can't help noticing on this forum that recently things have got a bit more 'personal'. Can't we agree to disagree in a bit more civilised way? Especially in the current climate where you've all got your backs to the wall. Stick together a bit more guys and gals. There's enough people out there knocking you without you doing it to yourselves.

Scotflight Aviation
13th Oct 2001, 03:20
Ex Servant..
.your comments are about the most sensible I've read here ..in fact..I think what you said should be at the top of every topic.
And a reminder that the strongest opinions are usually based on the weakest knowledge.

lame
13th Oct 2001, 03:32
I agree with you also, however THIS Forum is very civil. You want to try the Dunnunda and Godzone Forum...........

:rolleyes: :eek: ;) :D

Stampe
13th Oct 2001, 16:01
Well said ex servant the content and quality of threads on this site have really deteriorated in the past few months .I hardly ever post and visit less frequently nowadays.Most input is initiated from media gained information not industry input so you may as well read the papers and teletext.Regards to you all, lets all be at least civil to each other.

PaperTiger
13th Oct 2001, 20:17
It's the nature of the beast, I'm afraid.
A few mild epithets are tolerable if an on-topic point is being made, but those who post simply to insult should go kick the dog (kidding) or something instead.
Then there are the Pavlovian responses to anything posted by a particular member. All a complete waste of bandwith.

A couple of other (once useful) boards were terminated by their owners recently because it all got too nasty.

Trick is to ignore the nuisance posts. Easier said than done of course if you happen to be the target.

A Very Civil Pilot
15th Oct 2001, 19:56
;)