PDA

View Full Version : AeroLitoral

laxrox43
29th Mar 2009, 06:54
Hey all,

I am scraping for ideas on what to do when/if I get furloughed in the next few months. I have no problem going back to flight instruction, however I would prefer to stay in turbine aircraft.

I am interested in researching AeroLitoral. I have a friend that worked there back in the late 90's and she loved it! Give me the good, the bad, and the ugly.

How does one go about converting a FAA ATP certificate to the Mexican equivalent? Also, do you know if AeroLitoral requires applicants to be Mexican citizens?

Muchas gracias muchachos y muchachas. iAgradezco a todos su ayuda! :ok:
~Salud~
Laxrox

AeroDiaz
29th Mar 2009, 18:48
In order to get a CPL or an ATPL in en Mexico you must have in your hands a mexican birth certificate. In other words, if you were not born in Mexico... forget about it.

P.S. Although, in Mexico Mr. Ben Franklin is THE MAN.;) Good luck.

Always Moving
30th Mar 2009, 05:55
And how much would it cost to get in my hands a mexican birth certificate?

AeroDiaz
31st Mar 2009, 05:54
I have no idea my friend. I know there's people who can fake a license, even in Canada (Check Canada's forum). But I do not recommend to do such a thing like faking a birth certificate. :=

I know this :mad: recession is bringing crazy ideas like this one to our heads... but, :mad:, come on!... it'll be over soon.

My 2 centavos.

toby320
31st Mar 2009, 17:18
there is no way to get a birth certificate as easy as you think, and please just respect the rules.

you MUST be a mexican to hold a mexican license, that it.

AeroDiaz
4th Apr 2009, 03:10
A guy just sent me a PM from Mexico offering me a Mexican CPL without asking for a Birth Certificate and without doing any kind of test or whatsoever. :ooh: And I believe him because one of my co-workers in Nicaragua -a fellow pilot from Spain- got the same offer when he was trying to get a flying job in Mexico City.

Toby320, that's the way things are in some countries and I'm just being honest here. I have nothing against Mexico or Mexicans. I'm half mexican.

:ok:Salud compadre!, no se me encabrite!

mustang06
5th Apr 2009, 16:15
es asi mi amigo, welcome to latin america.

toby320
9th Apr 2009, 05:39
ok just let me know when you get your mexican cpl, and I'm not mad but I'm sure tht some mexican coyote offer you a cpl, but let me tell you something, as soon s you give him the money that sure he will need it to start the process you will never hear again of this coyote, and one more thing to get a job in aerolitoral is not as "easy" you will need more than mexican cpl, you need to be a member of aspa ( a mexican pilot union) and to get one of those letters you will need ore than a coyote, so....

good luck.

toby320:ok:

rcl7700
9th Apr 2009, 15:40
Maybe it happens more often than I think, but getting a formal job, like one with Aeromexico Connect, with fake documents sounds difficult initially and very hard to keep up. Bureaucracy in Mexico is in a league of its own. Copies of birth certificates, Passport, US Visa, IFE (voter registration), driver's license, etc are required all the time for all kinds of silly things. I'm not saying it is not possible, but it would require a lot of money to obtain so many fake documents and a lot of work to keep the lie going. Would it be worth it for a First Officer position in Aeromexico Connect? That depends on the person, but the investment and work doesn't seem to be worth it to me.

rcl