PDA

View Full Version : PMDG MD11 install issues

dany4kin
28th Mar 2009, 11:04
Hi all

Anybody else had issues with the installation/validation of this product?

Have followed their instructions to the letter, and downloaded the file succesfully.

Initially I saved it to desktop and I was presented with a 'zip' type folder, which I could do nothing with, couldn't open or extract because a message came up saying the archive was empty? Despite the 'properties' part saying the file was 301MB in size...

After this I restarted the computer and the icon had changed to become an internet explorer one. Ok I thought, this should take me to the validation page online, required for installation of the product.

BUT! Now if I try and open it, internet explorer opens, then closes immediately, not even opening up the window completely before it closes, I just see the outline of it. It does this over and over and over, about twice a second until I restart or log off.

I cannot find anything like this by searching online, to see what anyone else has done, and the 'forum' for technical support is a waste of time.

Anybody else had issues or suggest what's happening?

Eternally grateful

Andy

preduk
28th Mar 2009, 12:23
What are you using to extract the files? Have you tried using WINRAR? Have you tried deleting and re-downloading the files?

dany4kin
28th Mar 2009, 12:48
Thanks for the tip, as I speak I have managed to solve the unzip problem. For some reason the computer decided to use Internet Explorer as default to open a zip file. I changed the program to be used to Winzip and that seemed to sort it.

However I now have the issue that it says I don't have version FS9.1 installed and yet I cannot seem to install the update?!

preduk
28th Mar 2009, 14:44
I take it you've downloaded the FS update?

dany4kin
28th Mar 2009, 15:40
I think that might have been part of the issue, I thought I had but apparently not.

Re-installed Flight sim, installed the update and woopdeedoo it is working!

Thanks for your input, I'm a happy boy again... :ok:

preduk
28th Mar 2009, 17:03
No problem buddy :ok:

SBR1
5th Dec 2011, 17:51
I recently purchased the PMDG MD-11X DVDs. It will not install. I get a message “Unable to locate fsx.exe. Unable to install.” I was logged in as the Administrator. I was never asked for the serial number. I have Vista and Microsoft Flight Simulator X with Acceleration. Fsx is located at; Program Files (x86), Microsoft Games.

PMDG insist, over and over again, that it is a Registry Repair problem with FSX. A Microsoft tech. rep. and I both had no luck with his instructions. I asked PMDG if they have Easy Assist so that they can try it for themselves, no reply. Microsoft thinks PMDG has an installation problem with their software.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem and is this program a good representation of the MD11?