PDA

View Full Version : CX Dish

challenger6o4driver
11th Oct 2001, 23:25
Any CX pilots out there have any info/updates on the industrial action....when do you expect it to be resolved? How is CX poised to handle the current slowdown....is there a possibility furloughs? I have an interview this month for ASL freighters. I have read that there is animosity between freighter and pax pilots? Does the HKAOA represent ASL crews? Lots of questions I know...thanks for any insight/answers. :)

Kubota
12th Oct 2001, 04:06
Challenger6O4driver,

Yes, it will be resolved once The 49'ers are re-instated or an out-of-court settlement is agreed upon. Fact is, they were fired as an intimidatory measure that failed miserably. To re-instate them will be an admission of failure and will result in the termination of several high-profile characters in CX management...Time scale? Hard to tell, but probably before the end of the year.

CX is cash-rich and has minimal exposure to N America in either pax or freight. They are in better shape that most airlines.

Furloughs are unlikely. The rosters (schedules) are at their tensile limit and cannot be stretched any further. Any scale-back in schedules will be as a result of poor scheduling, not the atrocities of 11 Sept.

There is a major chasm between CX and some CX Freighter crew, namely those that chose to by-pass the seniority system and when offered a spot at the bottom of the (combined) seniority list, chose to decline the offer. No talk, no acknowledgement of existence, etc., etc.

The HKAOA represents all pilots and engineers employed by Cathay Pacific, VETA and Cathay Freighters.

The ban is real. Until the 49 are re-instated, you will be blacklisted with all IFALPA airlines and One World partners, and will have a life "shunned" by all you associate with. You will be denied jumpseats, invitations to join HKAOA, IFALPA and many other associations. Contact will be limited to operation issues only.

Send me a private message if you wish, and I will put you intouch with the HKAOA for more details.

God Bless The USA.

challenger6o4driver
12th Oct 2001, 04:35
Kubota:

Thanks very much for the information.

Yes, I am aware of the ban and I have been in contact with a rep. from HKAOA and he has been of great help to me. I have absolutely no intention of committing career suicide!! I figure that I will go to the interviews and at least get the experience interviewing....and if a settlement has been negotiated...then great. But I will not join while this is ongoing.

I read in a post on another board that had a quote from the SCMP in which the AOA sent a request to CX to delay rostering on some new-hires scheduled to start in January citing cockpit safety issues!!

Anyway, please keep in touch with me...I would like to talk with you more about CX.

BMM389EC
13th Oct 2001, 20:13
A friend of mine just returned from a final interview. He was told by a managment type that the only way the 49 might get there jobs back would be if they reapplied and went through the whole selection process again! Also was told straight away that they were doing selection but that there would be no hiring until at least June next year. So, perhaps a good thing? Hopefully the ban will be over by then.