PDA

View Full Version : ATPL A/C Gen Knowledge

Duffer2007
27th Mar 2009, 16:38
Hi everyone

Have done some searching and cant really find any good threads on this,

Im just finding the initial study of aircraft gen knowledge (mainly electrical systems) pretty tough at the moment. Can anyone who has done or is doing the exam tell me any good material ie books cd's .. anything to help me visualise the course better. I'll just add i'm doing distance learning with BGS.

Thanks for any help!!

Ian

maxdrypower
27th Mar 2009, 16:45
Mr 2007 , whose gs course are you on ????? your books should be more than adequate .
Dont worry about electrics I havent now or ever had a scooby about wiggly amps , never know where they are going bloody things .
Out of the 90 odd questions I think it was on the tech paper 3 were electrics and this is pretty much par for the course . I havent yet heard of anyone , including a guy who took it 3 times who has ever said there were many leccy questions in the exam . Although you should know the material realistically the three questions we had on ours were word for word from the bristol datatbase
How do you turn ac into dc
What type of logic gate was shown in the annexe ? it was a not gate
and cant remember the third
good luck

Duffer2007
27th Mar 2009, 16:50
MDP

You've set me at ease there! I'm very happy with the notes from bristol gs, was just wondering if there was anything to help me understand it better thats all!
I wasn't aware there was such little coverage of this stuff in the exam! Good to know :D

Thanks

Ian

bsal
27th Mar 2009, 16:57
Oxford have some good CD's for the ATPL course, Essential Physics Part 1 would be the one your looking for, it covers electricity and magnetism.