PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe on Blackberry / Iphone etc

Captain-Random
27th Mar 2009, 14:07
Can you use pprune on a mobile phone (cell phone to the yanks) Particularly Blackberrys and Iphones?

Any feedback from people who have tried this or do it regularly?

Slinky1989
27th Mar 2009, 14:12
I browse on my iphone and it displays it just as it does on a normal pc.

Much easier to browse on the iphone though due to multitouch meaning zooming in and out is quick and easy and navigating the page is nice and quick too since you only need a flick of a finger to scroll down.

Telstar
27th Mar 2009, 14:27
I don't know about the Blackberry, but the iPhone is pretty damn good for web browsing. It can't do flash websites but can't think of anything apart from that.

Whirlygig
27th Mar 2009, 14:55
I have a Samsung Omnia and can Pprune (read and reply) quite easily. It's a touchscreen like an iPhone.

Cheers

Whirls

SyllogismCheck
27th Mar 2009, 20:20
Works on my HTC Touch HD (Windows Mobile) and my girlfriend's Nokia (Symbian OS) phone too.

Most phones with web browsers allow you to select various screen layouts in order to show the page in an easily readable format without the need for lots of side to side panning to read across a line of text.

The thing to watch is the data charges. Unless you have an unlimited data bundle, big web pages with lots of images and adverts can rack up the megabytes at an eyewateringly costly rate if you're paying for them as they rack up.

ORAC
28th Mar 2009, 08:04
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/uc/20090328/lprc090328.gif

scruggs
28th Mar 2009, 10:36
I have an iPhone, and my missus has a Blackberry Bold - I've browsed and posted on pprune without any issues on both.

S

Capt Wannabe
29th Mar 2009, 16:03
For what it's worth the Nokia E71 works perfectly with PPRuNe.