PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else get a PM like this?

Ovation
26th Mar 2009, 21:06
Will it be worth a deal??
Dear Sir,
I am a wannabe pilot from india currently undergoing ground classes and will be proceeding to canada for my Ab-initio CPL/ME-IFR.

Actually 5 of our friends are going to do the above mentioned course together each one shelling out US $50,000 for our training. The total amount we are about to spend is US $ 2,50,000++++ approx.

I have been thinking about this for many months dunno who to ask? Will the deal be a worth the money?

If all of our friends purchase an old aircraft say C152 or C172 in canada, US, Aus,new zealand or south africa and do all our training and time building in it and sell it after our training. Does it save us a lot of money??????
or It isn't a feasible idea.

Will purchasing, taxes, mantainence cost..etc all including can be economical??? and we being Indians Can it be possible to purchase a/c in foreign country and training over there without bring it to india.

Kindly guide me, sir!

Thank you in advance

It would be nice to think it's all above board, but to send it as an unsolicited PM to a stranger has the radar working overtime. :hmm:

Buster Hyman
26th Mar 2009, 21:12
Never mind that, see if he can get you cheaper call rates!

muddergoose
26th Mar 2009, 21:16
I find it hard to imagine Indians using such colloquialisms as dunno and shelling outgiven their radio skill in the airborne environment.

VH-XXX
26th Mar 2009, 21:35
I've seen very similar posts before and it seems like a legitimate option. Even Robinson do this with their choppers that are almost due for rebuild. I'd say they sender has seen one of your well informed posts and thought you'd be the man in the know. Take it as a compliment!

Mark1234
26th Mar 2009, 22:46
Well, it's not an entirely uncommon approach, know of a few folks back in the UK who've done the same to hour build. However, the PM approach seems a little strange given ti's a qustion that could be addressed to the forum, though it might be the poster is of the opinion that you (ovation) make sensible comment and wants to avoid the usual bunfight.

Seems harmless as it stands, it's not like they're asking you to cash a cheque or provide anything. Moment they do, run a mile :)

Oh, and just for form's sake: muddergoose, there are as many different indians as australians - apparently you don't all wrestle crocs and carry big knives in your boots :E

muddergoose
26th Mar 2009, 22:51
Ovation...are you in a position to advise on the PM?

MARK 1234 - I only have a little knife.:}

Ovation
26th Mar 2009, 23:39
Buster wrote:

Never mind that, see if he can get you cheaper call rates!

Too late - 6c a minute to some linked phones, 14c a minute to any mobile or land line and no flag fall. Couldn't do better than that but I can't reveal whose plan I'm on (or I'd have to kill you).

VH-XXX wrote:

. I'd say they sender has seen one of your well informed posts and thought you'd be the man in the know. Take it as a compliment!

Now you're trying to blow smoke up my @rse as well! :)

aditya104
27th Mar 2009, 00:06
well the guy has been polite and it seems to be an earnest enquiry. help him if u want to.

I find it hard to imagine Indians using such colloquialisms as dunno and shelling outgiven their radio skill in the airborne environment.

muddergoose, hope the english proficiency exam will clean the skies!

GADRIVR
27th Mar 2009, 00:07
"Oh, and just for form's sake: muddergoose, there are as many different indians as australians - apparently you don't all wrestle crocs and carry big knives in your boots http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gif "

Yes Mark....you're right....usually we just marry them in the first place....the rest comes along the way as part of the job description!!!:ok:

Buster Hyman
27th Mar 2009, 01:31
Now you're trying to blow smoke up my @rse as well!
No wonder you get cheap calls....

wessex19
27th Mar 2009, 02:48
I have had unsolicited PM's on here a while back now from some bloke in the Phillipines flogging off carved wooden aircraft models. They looked ok but alas no cigar from this amigo!!:ok: