PDA

View Full Version : suspended class I medical

mrx111
26th Mar 2009, 20:47
I need some help with my case of suspending my Class I medical. My local AME has received report, that I've visited psychiatrist and I had some psychiatrical problem and following that they made their own assesment with result, that I don't have any psychiatrical problem, but according their psychologist I'm not able to handle critical situations. After this assesment my local AME decided to suspend my Class I medical for a long time. Is here any chance to do independend assesment in any other JAA country or receive class I medical issued by any other JAA country? I'm 100% sure, that their result was inaccurate, because I've passed psychological assesment during airline interview without any problems.

nannodnai
26th Mar 2009, 22:14
After this assesment my local AME decided to suspend my Class I medical for a long time

Your location is only given as "Europe". In the UK an AME doing what you describe is probably exceeding his authority, though it might be OK elsewhere. Here, only the AMS (ie the CAA) has the authority to make a medical certificate holder "T/U" (temporarily unfit). This decision can be reversed as soon as satisfactory reports are received by the AMS confirming that Class 1 fitness has been regained or returned to.

In this instance you should definitely by-pass the local AME, and take this up with your national AMS. Initially, at least, trying to get assessed in different countries is likely to confuse matters, and make things worse, not better !

Good luck !

mrx111
27th Mar 2009, 10:16
I'm not from UK, and in our country is only one AMS, with a few AME (all of them are employed by local AMS). The problem is, that I can't bypass their decission, because in my country is exactly only one AMS and I can't go to another one, or ask another AME, because simply there is no other AME outside this institution. That's the reason why I'm looking outside to do this process in foreign country. Consultation with our local AME is waisting of time, because they don't accept any other recommendation or assesment, which was done outside their AMS. I already have a report from independend psychiatrist, who stated that I'm fit according his assesment, but for our local AMS is this a piece of paper without any value. In this case, is here any other place in JAA, where I can complain or make an indepedend assesment of my case to bypass this local authority?

pplh
28th Mar 2009, 15:04
Dr Ian Perry is very experienced in the legal area of aviation medicine and is an adviser for the CAA/FAA. May be worth asking him what he thinks?

Jumbo Driver
29th Mar 2009, 20:18
I have known Ian for many years and that is an excellent suggestion.

pplh
29th Mar 2009, 20:26
Thanks JD I did provide a link to Ian's website however I believe site admin removed it, just so your not too surprised when they edit your post without letting you know!

Jumbo Driver
30th Mar 2009, 12:17
No, pplh, I wasn't surprised - especially after they were prompted by your last post ... !

Incidentally, in view of the deletion, perhaps I should emphasise that I have no commercial connection with Ian - I speak as a long-standing and thoroughly satisfied customer and regard him as a very good friend.

Anyway, all mrx111 or anyone else has to do is to Google "Ian Perry" ...

JD
:)

goatface
30th Mar 2009, 20:33
Here, only the AMS (ie the CAA) has the authority to make a medical certificate holder "T/U" (temporarily unfit). - posted by Nano.

Just a point of clarity, in the UK, an AME can suspend a medical certificate and they also have the power to reinstate it after discussing the matter with the CAA.

I suspect the link for Dr Perry was removed because, amongst other things, he is an Expert Witness and does this on a commercial basis.