View Full Version : New Report on 787 Problems?

WildWeaselF100
26th Mar 2009, 18:28
Hey all. I heard there is a new report on some additional problems with the Dreamliner. Don't know who it's by. Anyone heard anything?

bnt
26th Mar 2009, 20:04
All I've heard are some concerns expressed about weight e.g. this (http://www.thestreet.com/story/10473963/1/boeing-787-too-heavy-client-says.html), which is par for the course in any new aircraft design. That same lease finance company (ILFC) has some finance problems (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/03/25/324355/ilfc-in-compensation-talks-with-boeing-over-787-delay.html), being a wholly-owned subsidiary of AIG. Yes, that AIG.

Dysag
26th Mar 2009, 20:20
Nobody anymore believes the Boeing story that the first flight is delayed due to "fastener problems".

Sure, there were badly-installed fasteners, but that shouldn't prevent a test plane from flying.

A lot of affected airlines are demanding the truth. So far Boeing has kept very quiet.

Some say it's a problem with the flight control software. I don't know.

XXPLOD
26th Mar 2009, 20:30
A friend of mine is a RR engineer and has worked on the Dreamliner engines. His advice to me was, whatever you do, don't fly on one until I tell you it's OK. Big probs trying to get the power and efficiency required I'm told.

chiglet
26th Mar 2009, 21:16
Nobody anymore believes the Boeing story that the first flight is delayed due to "fastener problems".

Sooo, it's NOT going to fall apart, then
BUT....

A friend of mine is a RR engineer and has worked on the Dreamliner engines. His advice to me was, whatever you do, don't fly on one until I tell you it's OK

RR Engines are Cr@p, then?
Why do I bother?......

VPatel
27th Mar 2009, 19:24
Not sure if its the doc yourtalking about, Weasel, but there's some new analysis about Boeing commercial / mil aviation problems. I think it has a chapter on 787. Its in my inbox somewhere, I will find it and try to post.

glad rag
31st Mar 2009, 12:25
A friend of mine is a RR engineer and has worked on the Dreamliner engines. His advice to me was, whatever you do, don't fly on one until I tell you it's OK. Big probs trying to get the power and efficiency required I'm told.

Nothing to do with them ditching bonding in the fueltanks and going with a "inerting" system then......................................................:o oh:

VPatel
31st Mar 2009, 14:00
Weasel -- not sure if my last post went through. If not, I put the report up on stashbox.org. Search for "Boeing at the Brink". Let me know if it's the report you are looking for.

tubby linton
31st Mar 2009, 18:53
Vpatel,as an employee of a company that has ordered the 787 I downloaded the report from your link as I was interested to read more about the delays in the programme.The author isn't mentioned in the report or who the target audience is meant to be.Would you be able to provide this info?
I am more concerned however,with the powerplant problems.This aircraft is rapidly turning into a serious cause for concern.

VPatel
2nd Apr 2009, 11:04
I don't know who the author is -- the report was forwarded to me by a friend. It doesn't paint a pretty picture of Boeing, especially with regard to 787 and their tanker and CSAR entries.

XXPLOD--I haven't heard anything about the engine problems. Do you have any other specifics on that??