PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Final Pass

gap
26th Mar 2009, 16:37
I sat the ATPL exams over a couple of sittings with the CAA posting each exam result out a few weeks later. I now have finished all the exams successfully.

Question is, will they issue me with a final pass certificate with all the results contained or do I use the several result pages as proof of completion?

Thanks All

maxdrypower
26th Mar 2009, 16:55
No you wont get anything other than your letter confirming the results . It does actually say some where on the letter that they CAA will only issue licences etc ect based on their own database and not on any other documentary gubbins , or something like that . YOu will be asked on forms for apllications for cpl ir etc etc of date last exam passed the caa will confirm the record when you apply for your licences
Well done , great feeling aint it

GusHoneybun
26th Mar 2009, 17:26
When I did mine, the school issued me a nice certificate saying I had passed all the exams. Nothing from the CAA though, that'll probably cost extra.

When I started my CPL and IR, the schools in question seemed happy enough when I produced the completion certificate, as proof of successful exam completion. Not sure if they do a check with the CAA as well.

Good Luck.

kui2324
26th Mar 2009, 18:29
Having just completed my IR I didn't have to show anyone my theory stuff either during training or the test.

There was nothing on the form that I filled out to send to the CAA to indicate completion date. When I asked the school I was told the CAA will check their own database before issuing.

I did think it a bit odd nobody checked before!?

Whirlygig
26th Mar 2009, 18:44
Your exam results letter will show the results of previous sittings so the final letter will show PASS/FAIL for the previous sitting and the percentage marks for the recent sitting.

Your groundschool should issue a certificate to prove to your school that you can commence the CPL course and sit the skill test.

Cheers

Whirls

gap
26th Mar 2009, 22:25
Thanks All,

That clears things up..:ok: