PDA

View Full Version : The Passing Of A Rotary Legend - Archie (Silver Fox) Loper

RoamingCyclic
26th Mar 2009, 15:28
Sadly another legend has left us. Archie Loper aka The Silver Fox passed away suddenly in his office on Wednesday evening in Bangkok Thailand.

For those of you who knew him I am sure you will agree that Arch was a true pioneer of our Industry in SE Asia and his hard work and dedication will live on.

Those close to him will truly miss his kindness, knowledge and wonderful sense of humor which will remain forever in our hearts.

Arch farewell old mate and thank you so much for being a true friend and such an inspiration part of my life.

Deepest Sympathy to Jane and all of the family and close friends.

212man
26th Mar 2009, 15:38
very sorry to hear that - saw him only 3 weeks ago at HeliExpo and looking pretty fit. In fact, he won a Sikorsky leather jacket which one couldn't help thinking was a set up but, hey ho! A wonderful character.

leading edge
27th Mar 2009, 13:10
Archie was an encyclopedia of the helicopter business in South East Asia with many years in Sikorsky and working in Asia.

He was from the old school and was someone who I was privileged to work with over the last couple of years.

The industry has lost one of the good guys.

rotorheadinfl
27th Mar 2009, 13:27
Arch was one of the greats! A total helicopter guy, whose veins flowed Sikorsky blue.

I am privileged to have known and worked with him for more than 30 years. Southeast Asia won't be the same without him.

Sincerest sympathies and best wishes to wife Jane, bro-in-law Andy Novak, son Greg; and their families.