PDA

View Full Version : COSTA RICAN Happiness!

cobaltfrog
22nd Dec 2000, 20:50
Can anyone please help!!

I have two friends who are going on a lifetime trip to Costa Rica on the 31st Dec 00 flying from LHR to Amsterdam and then on to San Jose (Flt MP645) returning on 14 Jan 00.

I would like to know if there are any friendly KLM Crew out there who might be rostered on the flight or who might know someone who could help them get looked after.

Also has anyone heard of a KLM contract to Martin Air who are the carrier from Amsterdam?

Thanks for all your help

The Frog

Tom the Tenor
23rd Dec 2000, 15:08
Cobaltfrog, Best wishes to your friends who are off on their holiday of a life time to Costa Rica. It is such a fabulous country and the weather there this time of year is so good. I visited Costa Rica April two years ago and still remember it with great affection. Martinair use Boeing 767s on the route and they make an en-route stop at Miami on the way. Not sure if the Miami stop is a tech stop for fuel or if it is part of a schedule. Sorry, alas do not have any contacts in KLM or Martinair. Wish I had! Thank you, TTT.

------------------
What we want is a bit of Pop Music, none of this Beethoven!!

cobaltfrog
23rd Dec 2000, 20:37
Thanks Tom kind of you to reply.

Happy Christmas and New Year!!

Herc Jerk
28th Dec 2000, 03:25
Senor Frog,

Sorry but no contacts...but, may I say,

Fantastic place, Costa Rica. Make sure your friends don't dally in San Jose too long as there is too much good stuff to see and do without getting stuck in a big semi-dirty city. White water rafting to the east mountains/volcanos in the middle and great surfing/waterfalls/rainforest along the west. Actually rain forest everywhere except for the borth west which gets a little dry. If they get to Dominical, stay at the San Clemente. Mixtos are the non-alcoholic drink of choice.

Be back there myself in Feb.

Oh and tell them to watch out for sloths on the roads- they don't move real quick!

"Hey... lookout! SLOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!"