View Full Version : 29th of march new rules implemented in dubai

flareflyer
25th Mar 2009, 14:22
did anybody read about the new behavioural rules that must be followed in public in Dubai from the next 29th of march?
I have been told of more restrictions like not wearing skirts or something like?

EK2EYengineer
25th Mar 2009, 17:13
No kissing or dancing...

DUBAI: Playing loud music, dancing, nudity, kissing and even holding hands in public is considered inappropriate behaviour under new guidelines laid down by the authorities of Dubai. Arabic-language daily Al Emarat Al-Youm said the Dubai Executive Council had urged residents of Dubai, where foreigners make up more than 80 per cent of the population, to respect the customs of the Muslim nation and avoid inappropriate behaviour. The rules apply to all public places and any breach, by nationals or expatriates, carries a possible prison penalty. The guidelines also stipulate that anyone caught under the influence of alcohol - even small amounts - outside designated drinking areas is liable to be fined or imprisoned.

Chandler Bing
25th Mar 2009, 17:18
Can't wait to see the rents go down, the number of cars left over at DXB airport will double , number of sun seekers going down, and prices in the malls will fall down as well, as demand will be deep diving.

Thanks to DXB rulers, the remaining expats' housing problems are over . A 3 bedrooms in Dubai Marina for less than AED 100000 a year, cool..........

But with whom are they gonna fill in the A380's.......

Can't wait also to see the first trials going public worldwide.....

So much for attracting expat investments

C4
25th Mar 2009, 18:07
Two cases of couples caught having sex on jumeirah beach is probably the catalyst???:=:=

Firbolgs
25th Mar 2009, 18:08
DXB has finally lost the plot!
Is there no one with any common sense to advise these people, I would have thought they would be pulling out all the stops to bring tourists in not drive them away :ugh:

Interested to see if this makes the International press,...those 380s could well be flying even lighter than they currently are! :rolleyes:

KRUGERFLAP
25th Mar 2009, 18:43
wake up guys. Now who is playing the game is Abu Dhabi.Obey or sink!

Fantasy Island times over!

rgds

lpokijuhyt
25th Mar 2009, 18:44
What it all boild down to is that Dubai is still a city without a soul. You can build the most elaborate malls and hotels, but its still the most overrated city in the world. Sorry, but going from air conditioned mall to air conditioned mall gets a bit old. Dubai is exactly that...a mirage.

FlyingCroc
25th Mar 2009, 19:22
No more bikinis on the beach
No holding of hands (unless 2 males are doing it)
No loud music
No dancing
No hand signals of any kind
No form fitting/revealing clothes
No alcohol in you anywhere in public

Nothing new,was like this before, is like this in the whole region, some parts more relaxed, some parts you will get axed (s...hole KSA).

We are here to work and have fun at home, forget about this. :}

kotakota
26th Mar 2009, 05:52
Love the one about not being under the influence outside of designated drinking areas !
How the hell do we get from the Irish Village back to the hotel ??
Sudden visions of multiple bodies on lawn sleeping it off !

High 6
26th Mar 2009, 07:33
Good business opportunity here renting out tents and sleeping bags at watering holes perhaps... although you want to be careful renting to couples, as I believe it was a couple doing naughty things to each other in public that was the catalyst for these rules being enforced.

sirwa69
26th Mar 2009, 09:53
So do you really think were going to see the cops in the Malls telling the Russian blondes to cover up their camel toes ;)

Philly Boy
27th Mar 2009, 14:26
"No more bikinis on the beach"

If we are going to lose the Russian girls in bikinis.... they better enforce this same rule on dudes in SPEEDO'S!!!!!!!!!!!! :yuk:

Enough with that crap!!!!!!!

gadgetman
27th Mar 2009, 14:50
Oral contraception (the pill, not a mouth guard you philistines) is no longer available to single women without a legitimate medical condition. (I don't think a hangover qualifies)
Married women will require a letter of permission from their husbands.
Emirates clinic is bound by these rules and no exceptions will be made.

Expect a steep rise in crew requesting maternity leave.

kotakota
27th Mar 2009, 15:08
or even Paternity leave ?
So , rubber goods may also require a letter from the Ops Manager or TCAS ?
Whizz prang idea about matters Irish Village etc - Rent an Abaya - free with 5 pints ?
What with Bahrain suddenly coming over all prudish too , Doha is suddenly looking mighty attractive ...............never thought I would say that.
Ah .......Prohibition , exciting times ahead...........Now , where did i put my Boots Brewing Kit ?

taliban pilot
27th Mar 2009, 16:06
Looks like the Abu Dhabi bailout starts to take its toll....:ugh:
This is definitely what you guys need to improve the tourism in the region... :}

Fart Master
27th Mar 2009, 16:43
Money & Egos, what do you expect from a bunch of children who don't get their way.:{

I see one of Shk Mo's sons has got his big ugly puss up on a picture on the Emirates Road, what planet do these tossers live on.:rolleyes:

Oops, I'm not allowed to say anything bad about Dxb now, new rules you know:ugh:

Mustapha Rex
27th Mar 2009, 17:55
The photo is beconning the change that lies ahead, notice he is smilig and wearing black...

Must read through this...without codifying it, it leads me to think that the end of one is nearer than one likes to think and everyone is scrmabling to lay the pavement ahead.

Let us just hope it doesn't buckle.

Bitburger
28th Mar 2009, 19:41
I must be missing something here.

Abu Dhabi imposes new rules in Dubai.

Dubai feels it may have an impact on their business model.

What is the business model of Abu Dhabi then based on?

What are they going to do with all these planes that Dubai can not?

O yes I see ..... the libido factor and all that goes with it has nothing to do with GDP.

White Knight
28th Mar 2009, 20:17
Well - I haven't seen anything in the local news (GN, 7Days etc) about this...

Surely all these supposed new rules would be in the English language papers that the expats frequent and not the 'local Arabic Daily - Al Emarat Al Youm' which 99.9% of expats have never heard of... Yes, a useful publication to put this information in:bored::confused::\

ashlea
28th Mar 2009, 21:24
So do you really think were going to see the cops in the Malls telling the Russian blondes to cover up their camel toes

Haahahahahha!!!!! Awesome :D

Wiley
28th Mar 2009, 22:52
Fart Master and others, I don't think there's any stupidity involved.

Some time ago now, thanks in part to its RAF Base, and its messes and the off base establishments that catered for the servicemen, Sharjah was where expats living in Dubai went to make whoopee. (Old timers talk of the excitement involved in coming back across the desert half cut towards the Dubai forts - that were manned then by armed guards - and the quite real possibility of being fired upon. Hence they would come at speed with all lights on, making as much noise as possible so the sleepy guards wouldn't think they were bedu intruders.)

Then Sharjah ran out of money and looked to Saudi Arabia for a bail out. Saudi Arabia complied, but at a cost, that (among other things) being that Sharjah went 'dry'.

What we're seeing now is a (thankfully far) milder form of the same thing. Which makes one wonder, despite newspaper reports to the contrary, just how much - and what - of Dubai Inc that Abu Dhabi Inc now owns.

S.F.L.Y
29th Mar 2009, 03:56
Is it really something new? I don't think so. Does anybody have any official statement clearly saying there will be a change or is it only excitement about the same law which is regularly re-published over the years? AFAIK this is not enforced in Abu Dhabi...

Silverspoonaviator
29th Mar 2009, 05:25
Is this the latest in face control.

I love the MoE, better than dune bashing, more camels, and less trauma.

Some of the peaks are very good too.

but thats beside the point.

The rules are not new, it is just a reminder of the rules.

ssa

Spoonius
1st Apr 2009, 23:27
What's Abu Dhabi got to do with it? The rules are for DXB not AUH. DXB must also be receiving bail outs from other sources. Nothing is ever as simple as it seems in the Gulf. You guys should know that. There must be some other reasons which are way above anything we will ever know.