PDA

View Full Version : FREE Training to Defend Cockpit

Nevada
6th Oct 2001, 05:12
I can't find my previous post and the reply's that were made. Maybe I used the wrong forum? Here's the information again, if anyone is interested.

Nevada, I've deleted the e-mail. I unavoidably view it with another culture's background. To me it is PR, a commercial for a business. Nothing more, nothing less. It goes for that reason.

Rob Lloyd

[ 06 October 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Towers ]

The Guvnor
6th Oct 2001, 14:44
And once again I'll tell you why it's been removed by the moderators - it's illegal in the UK to offer training in weapons. Somehow, I suspect that Danny and the other moderators don't want to find themselves enjoying free board and lodging at HMP Belmarsh as the unfortunate chap below is currently doing - albeit that the sole difference between him and you, Nevada, is that he's a Muslim offering training to other Muslims and you, I imagine, are not.

Suggest you do the honourable thing and delete it before the Moderators do!

A food worker charged under the Terrorism Act with training others to use weapons has been remanded in custody for a week.

Sulayman Balal Zainulabidin, 43, of Greenwich, London, worked as a kitchen assistant at the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in the capital.

He was accused at Belmarsh Magistrates Court of "providing instruction or training in the making or use of firearms, explosives, or chemical, biological or nuclear weapons", on or before October 1, 2001.

A second charge alleged that he "invited others as yet unknown to receive instruction or training in the making or use of firearms, explosives, or chemical, biological or nuclear weapons" on or before October 1 2001.

Nevada
6th Oct 2001, 16:56
The other difference Guvnor, is that the training and the offer are in the United States. It is legal here for US citizens and UK citizens alike to take part in this training should they want to be prepared to defend themselves.

I certainly am not promoting anything illegal, and would hope that pilots with an interest will know they can come to the US and take advantage of the free training to defend their cockpit - legally.

The Guvnor
6th Oct 2001, 18:47
This is however a UK based site. I am sure US based sites would welcome your post. Anyway, as Rob has said, they regard it as an advertisement which is another no-no.

Incidentally, all that Sulayman Balal Zainulabidin was doing was exactly the same as you - placing ads in the Muslim press offering firearms training in the US (Nevada as well, as I recall!)

Nevada
6th Oct 2001, 20:49
Thank you Rob for your explanation. It makes much more sense than the Govenor's. I was posting it for it's possibility of a solution to the cockpit security issue's and not as an advertisement. I do however understand your position.
Nevada