PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Things In Perspective

fireflybob
5th Oct 2001, 16:37
The Daily Telegraph reports today that since 11th September, 70 million people have travelled worldwide in aircraft and lived to tell the tale.

I post this not to make little of the deaths which have occurred over this period.

Finally, just a thought but is it coincidence that the TWA aircraft which went down off the USA a while ago, the Egyptair over the Atalantic and now the Russian aircraft over the Black Sea have all gone down over water which makes accident investigation a lot more difficult?

sudden twang
5th Oct 2001, 16:56
remind me .... what percentage of the Earths surface is water ?

fireflybob
5th Oct 2001, 21:37
sudden twang

Yes, I did think when writing my post that some bright spark would make this comment about the amount of water that covers the earth's surface!

Nevertheless the point I am making is that it does not make accident investigation any easier when the wreckage disappears to the bottom of the ocean and that this fact isn't something that would have escaped the notice of the evil perpetrators of terrorism.

Mycroft
6th Oct 2001, 01:10
In general terrorism works best when the terrorists role is known. That is why they claim responsibility for any event; even if they are later shown not to be responsible.