PDA

View Full Version : Skills test with a broken metatarsal

matman
24th Mar 2009, 14:36
Ive been waiting to do my ppl (a) skills test for the past 4 weeks, but it keeps getting cancelled due to weather, but last Saturday i broke my fifth metatarsal and currently have a slipper cast on with one of them rubber shoes.i have been told that the cast will have to be on for at least 4 weeks, so as you can guess, im very annoyed. i was just wondering does any one know if the examiner is likely to let me fly, because i can drive fine and im confident ill be able to opperate rudder/brakes easily. cheers

absolute zero
24th Mar 2009, 15:09
You should report it to the CAA Medical Branch if they suspend your medical - which they will, No you will not be allowed to to take the skills test . If by a miracle they do not suspend your medical you beshould be okay !!

Good luck
ATP

matman
24th Mar 2009, 15:51
cheers for that

gingernut
24th Mar 2009, 19:52
A test I use for drivers, is to ask them to stamp their foot on the ground.

mad_jock
24th Mar 2009, 20:40
your not actually PIC so its really up to your examiner.

If you really want to make sure get the examiner to phone the CAA and discuss it with them. I can see them saying no to you flying solo but with an examiner on board that's happy to do the test I could see them maybe being flexible just for training and test.

They really are quite flexible and will apply common sense in most cases.

matman
26th Mar 2009, 11:03
just to let you all know, the CAA didnt suspend my medical, and i have been allowed by my examiner to take the skills test with the cast still on,which i am very pleased about.cheers