PDA

View Full Version : The role of a Pilot

Lord King
17th Dec 2000, 18:51
Hi,
i am currently in the process of applying to BA again for the 'Trainee Pilot Scheme'. One of the questions that i did not do so well with last year was "apart from landing and take off what are the main duties of a pilot." I already have a fair bit of information but would appreciate something that would really impress the interviewers.

Thanks for your help

PaulDeGearup
17th Dec 2000, 19:30
"apart from landing and take off what are the main duties of a pilot."

Eating.
Talking to pax.
Eating.
Talking to ATC.
Eating.

411A
17th Dec 2000, 22:50
Collecting large as possible paycheck :)

Mark 1
18th Dec 2000, 16:30
Suggest you have a look at the ANO, especially articles 43-45:

<A HREF="http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20001562.htm#43" TARGET="_blank">http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20001562.htm#43</A>

Lord King
18th Dec 2000, 18:06
yep pauldegearup that would really impress them

Lord King
19th Dec 2000, 14:27
thanks mark 1

HOMER SIMPSONS LOVECHILD
19th Dec 2000, 19:02
Go to work.Grab the keys to a big shiny jet.Have a pleasant day out.Come home.Open pay cheque.Live life.....Retire.
If you happen to meet the DFO or the man from the ministry and he says"We havent met" you're doing it right!

HugMonster
19th Dec 2000, 19:30
I can't believe nobody mentioned ensuring close crew co-opertaion, therefore talking to cabin crew - listening to their shopping stories, trying to discover from their description of symptoms why their car wouldn't start this morning, ensuring they are happy in their work, finding out what makes them happy at play, discreetly enquiring about their preferred method of birth control... :)

------------------
Breeding Per Dementia Unto Something Jolly Big, Toodle-pip

before landing check list
21st Dec 2000, 14:51
Ask them when is the earliest possible time when a person can become involved with the safety program.
j

------------------
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking.
If you cheat, may you cheat death.
If you steal, may you steal a woman's heart.
If you fight, may you fight for a brother.
And if you drink, may you drink with me.