PDA

View Full Version : EASA C License

Vortechs Jenerator
23rd Mar 2009, 15:50
I have this on all my types as I was CLEARING SMI CRS in the shed at the changeover.

It's no big deal, any hangar lae with the required experience can get it. It's an admin job at the end of the check to close the work pack down.

I see a lot of "Degree" guys think it's something to get but in truth - I've never been anywhere where they get a guy with a degree to do this fairly easy administrative thing (for C cert LAE) to do as part of his job.

Has anyone been anywhere where a non B1 or B2 "Degree" guy performs this task?

Sonic Bam
24th Mar 2009, 05:59
I don't think there are any degrees in the UK that have been approved by the CAA/EASA to allow the degree holder to apply for a C Licence.

I know a couple of people with aeronautical engineering degrees (real cone heads) who talked to the CAA about it years ago but they were told that their degree course syllabus would have to be scrutinised by the CAA to see if it met the requirements and they would have to pay for that to be done, a sum well in five figures. That put an end to the conversation.

Also, any university or college that wants to get a degree course approved to allow for C Licence application have to go through that process as well and as far as I know, none of them are prepared to pay what the CAA are asking to do it.

That is for the UK. Pound to a pinch of s*** it is different across the Channel.

Certification of the aircraft following base maintenance has to be done by a type rated C Licence holder, not just some degree educated person approved by Quality, they must hold the C Licence.

Bus429
24th Mar 2009, 07:38
I think Sonic's views are close to the facts; I heard via a source close to the Battleship that there are no pure degree C holders in the UK.

Hand Shandy
24th Mar 2009, 09:22
Thats nice to know , a mate of mine just got his B licence with a degree, out of 20 odd students who all got degrees less than 5 actually got the b1 .