PDA

View Full Version : ATPL acceptance period

oceanicclarence
23rd Mar 2009, 15:18
Hi All
Just a quickie about acceptance periods for the ATPL writtens.
I finally passed all 14 ATPL exams in December, and am now in the situation where I am deciding which path to take, i.e should I go the full monty and try for the CPL/IR and look for a job, or just CPL/FI, and leave it at that. My question is: my ATPL credit runs out after 36 months from December 2008, so that would be Dec 2011. What happens after that? if I haven't got an IR then obviously ATPL credit goes, but after the 36 months, does it just revert to CPL credit? or do I have to get the CPL in the 36 months? so, for example can I stll go for the CPL flying course after the 36 months, or do I have to get it within the period? Lasors does not seem to be able to give me the info I need.
Any help?
Happy landings.

oceanicclarence
23rd Mar 2009, 15:49
Or....to cut the crap, can I still go off and do a CPL flying course (with no intent to go for the fATPL) after the 36 months? or would I have to do the CPL ground exams (not ATPL) in order to get a CPL

i.e do the ATPL credits REVERT to CPL after 36 months, and if so, how long for!

nickyjsmith
23rd Mar 2009, 16:25
According to Lasors sect D page 7 you have 36 months from the end of the month the exams were passed in for grant of cpl or ir. If an ir is added to a cpl within this period they are then valid for 7 years from the last validity date of the ir.
Hope this helps.