PDA

View Full Version : California Property Tax Issue.

larpose
23rd Mar 2009, 15:01
I live in Los Angeles County, California. I have recently purchased a home. I am yet to pay the first tax for my property. My real estate agent says that I am liable for a tax of $8000 as per the purchase price of my house. He says that I may be eligible for some type of refund or reduction. Any info would be appreciated.

Thunderbird4
23rd Mar 2009, 15:21
And what, pray tell, does this have to do with Fragrant Harbour issues???

I suggest you call your accountant.

yokebearer
23rd Mar 2009, 15:58
I bought a second hand lawnmower from a Nigerian for a million dollars and the Government of Nicaragua has now informed me via cx benefits that I owe sales tax of 20 %.

Any ideas?

Thunderbird4
23rd Mar 2009, 16:03
yokebearer,

obviously your case is different as cx benefits is involved. My suggestion is to apply for a GDT base and live in Cuba.

oh,.... and then call your accountant.

boxjockey
23rd Mar 2009, 16:12
Nothing better to do than make negative posts. The guy knows there are plenty of pilots on here that live in CA, and so he was obviously looking for a quick answer. You guys don't need to make the effort to swat at him. GO GET LAID. That is worth the effort, isn't it?

box :ok:

Obama57
23rd Mar 2009, 16:20
If you are paying U.S. federal income tax, interest and property taxes can be deducted form your income.

willsflake
23rd Mar 2009, 17:14
Prop 13 is the way to go for permanent reduction of taxes and possible refund. You will save money every year this way. Do not opt for temporary reduction under prop 8 go to Permanently Lower Your California Property Taxes (http://www.californiataxcut.com/) for more details.

yokebearer
24th Mar 2009, 08:56
Boxjockey - don't think I could afford to go jockey any box as you suggest - not after I pay the tax on that lawnmower and take my unpaid leave.....:p