PDA

View Full Version : Army helis in the city..

Mark1234
23rd Mar 2009, 05:44
Is there any way of knowing when / where they're going to be playing - brought camera in last week, the day after being buzzed - nothing.. this afternoon I'm woken from my daze by 2 in quick succession at eye level (18th floor) less than 1/2 a block away. Too cool 8)

tobz92_ymen
23rd Mar 2009, 08:50
not sure which helicopters exactly you were referring to, but there were 4 army helicopters of some sort parked at Point Cook as of 6:15 PM today, i suspect they have something to do with the Grand Prix.

Mark1234
23rd Mar 2009, 09:08
I *think* they're something like blackhawks (not a rotorhead..), lead to belive they're playing anti-terrorist games - certainly the below towerblock rooftop rapid-entry with doors open and stop over a building, then hoon out again behaviour would support that.

Somewhat spectacular looking down on them from the middle of the CBD, think everyone in the office wants to join the army right now :E

tmpffisch
23rd Mar 2009, 09:50
Details were published in the newspaper a little while back. That'd be the place to look.

Practicing anti-terror, SAS kinda stuff, night ops. Were at Pt Cook around 8am when I was making my way into MB this morning. They all sqawk 6000 and some can be seen on WebTrak.

VH-XXX
23rd Mar 2009, 10:01
There are 6 x Blackhawks and 2 x Kiowa's (Jet rangers with the doors off) complete with temporary operational accommodation at Point Cook and has been there for a week or 2 now.

I'd post a photo here however I was told by the Point rent-a-cops that I wasn't supposed to take photos of them because they are in "military configuration" versus last week at Avalon when they were configured for "civilian viewing....."

Trojan1981
24th Mar 2009, 06:31
I'd post a photo here however I was told by the Point rent-a-cops that I wasn't supposed to take photos of them because they are in "military configuration" versus last week at Avalon when they were configured for "civilian viewing....."
Ha Ha!! Does that mean they have been upgraded from the 1988 config?! The GPS in my car is better than the one in a BH:}