PDA

View Full Version : Airframe - wreck or discard

Stopedancer
23rd Mar 2009, 05:23
All,

I'm seeking a junked or wrecked airframe to use as a prop for a fire fighting exercise we will be holding in May. It's all a part of mine emergency response training, we hold bi-annual competitions in the WA Goldfields, teams come from remote minesites far and wide to compete in a range of different emergency response disciplines, fire fighting being one. This year, seeing how most remote operations work on a fly-in / fly-out basis, we thought it high time that the fire fighting event was of an ARFF nature.

The trouble we're having is locating a suitable airframe. We've built a fuselage prop for the actual fire - standard looking cylinder with wing stubs, all metal, you've seen a zillion of them. But we want to dress the area where the event will be held with some genuine and recognizable bits of aircraft - empennage, cockpit, etc etc - scattered around the burn zone. All avenues we've explored have come up zip - aircraft charter and maintenance companies, scrap metal merchants, etc.

Anyone got any pointers, who we could approach? We'll take anything - a battered old 172 frame up to a Metro, in bits, whole or partial - just so long as it's recognisable as belonging to something that once flew. Note that we won't be burning any of this stuff, we're aware that if we did burn it we would only get one fire out of it - it's all for window dressing to make the scenario we're putting together for the competing teams more realistic and believable.

We're in the WA Goldfields region, so alas restricted to this state.

Thanks,

Stopedancer

Cessna Master Beta
23rd Mar 2009, 07:50
There is a Beech Muskateer airframe on the Kalgoorlie airport used for emergency training, its to the west of the terminal. The Kalgoorlie aero club also has an airframe of a scrapped Cessna 310.

Good luck

Led Zep
23rd Mar 2009, 13:26
A 146 is parked up on the grass at Perth doing absolutely f%^k all, as far as I can tell. The inside is pretty unrecognisable, but it still looks like it MAY have flown at some stage if you look at it from the outside. :} I think the last "owner" was Hawker Pacific. Granted, a bit harder to truck out than a Metro. ;)

the wizard of auz
23rd Mar 2009, 13:38
I have a C310 in Broome if you want to pick it up. wings are off of it and the engines, props and gear is missing, but otherwise its fairly complete.

Towering Q
23rd Mar 2009, 15:08
Daisy!??:sad::{

tinpis
23rd Mar 2009, 21:30
DAISY!?....OH NO.....:{

Engineer_aus
24th Mar 2009, 10:12
A few heaps of crap at york and northam.

muddergoose
24th Mar 2009, 10:23
Hey Wizz, East is least! Less is more!:ok:

the wizard of auz
24th Mar 2009, 12:05
Nah, not Daisy. I bought a wreck for parts for Daisy and got what I wanted off it. the airframe remains fairly intact, but not really usable for anything I require.
Mudder you better PM me mate, that one went straight over my head. :confused:

KGI
10th Apr 2009, 03:04
This is the one at KGI near the BOM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/ajwhitton/VH-CTC047.jpg

The Voice
10th Apr 2009, 05:02
Hey Wizz, East is least! Less is more! AND that one went straight over my head

Wizz - the east/least west/best mantra is for what you do to apply magnetic variation to a track for nav stuff ... :cool:

Paul O'Rourke
10th Apr 2009, 05:44
What happened to my baby?

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv283/PaulO-001/CTC.jpg

Hasherucf
10th Apr 2009, 08:44
Mixture cable disconnected at about 700ft and it went to cut off I believe. Was over tiger country and it landed down a steep hill and not wide enough road.Was a big crash with a tree taking off a wing off but all 3 people walked away which says a lot for its crash surviveability.

Owner went and bought another mouse.

the wizard of auz
11th Apr 2009, 12:37
I wondered where it ended up after the noiseless landing. used to be a 210 parked in about the same position a long time ago.
Voice, I am aware of what it means ........ just wondering how it applied to the conversation we were having at the time.

Lodown
11th Apr 2009, 16:18
Tip: Put a windsock next to a line of large white crosses, then wait. It's only a matter of time before some numbskull mistakes it for an airfield and you'll have a fuselage, wings and everything else delivered.

Towering Q
12th Apr 2009, 02:24
What happened to my baby?

She's fine....just needs a cut and polish.

ciscodiscocisco
1st May 2009, 09:50
i know what happen to your baby it was rudder lock jim VH-CTC.... well i think there was a busted warrior as well at some stage on rwy 11..... dont know what happened to it.... and theres another one also.... a tecnam that flies only on thunderstorms hehehehehe....

Hows the dancing by the way????