PDA

View Full Version : What chance Blue Fox now?

PAXboy
4th Oct 2001, 17:49
I see that Blue Fox have not made any announcement and their web site Blue Fox Airlines (http://www.bluefoxairlines.com) is still the same upbeat words of the summer.

If they have not yet completed arrangements for the 767-200 ERs which they talk about, then they now have a wide choice! Not to mention flight and cabin crew.

Looking at their business proposition from the sidelines (I am not in the airline game), I have to say that they must be thinking themselves on VERY thing ice.

Crash Barrier
4th Oct 2001, 19:25
How on earth can you speculate what will happen to 'Blue Fox'

1.You are not in the airline business.
2.You whinge about the cost of the most reasonable fares to the Isle of Man.
3.you have got nothing better to do with your sad life than make idle speculation on a forum for people that actually fly.

PAXboy
4th Oct 2001, 19:51
>How on earth can you speculate what will happen to 'Blue Fox'

I was not speculating. To be correct, I was inviting others to speculate! The present changes in the world economy are affecting every airline and it must, perforce, affect nascent ones too.

>1.You are not in the airline business.
I never said I was but as one who travels frequently (business and leisure) and often pays for Y-class out of his own pocket, I am the kind of customer that Blue Fox would like to see.

>2.You whinge about the cost of the most reasonable fares to the Isle of Man.
You do have a bee in your bonnet about this, don't you?

To repeat (again): my concern was with monopoly carriers. Incidentally, in all the problems that Manx (BRAL) have at present with being excluded from insurance deal by the Treasury, have I said owt? Even though the cost to fares on the route is likely to be high?

>3.you have got nothing better to do with your sad life than make idle speculation on a forum for people that actually fly.

I am not sure which of us is sadder, me for asking a legitimate question on a forum for people in the business, or you for wilfully misunderstanding my intentions ...

If Blue Fox are unable to bring their plans to fruition, the ones that lose will be the airline industry - who are members of this forum. Also, the passengers who would have been able to sample a new (better?) service, who are members of this forum.

Soooo sorry for posting off topic.

[ 04 October 2001: Message edited by: PAXboy ]

The Guvnor
4th Oct 2001, 23:00
Actually, Blue Fox seem to be going great guns at the moment - their current round of financing is pretty much in place and aircraft are due to arrive within the next few months.

However, considering that their primary business is the transatlantic business one - which of course is the hardest hit at present - I suspect that they may well have to turn their attentions to other parts of the world, such as the Middle East.

Regardless, I wish them all the best as it's refreshing to see the birth of a new airline in the current environment - and I have no doubts that they will learn their lessons from those carriers currently encountering problems.

PAXboy
5th Oct 2001, 02:00
Hear, Hear Guvnor. I am glad to learn that they are on track.

Crash Barrier
5th Oct 2001, 11:57
Paxboy,

What is 'very thing ice' ???

Looooooossssseeeerrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Speedbrake Lever
6th Oct 2001, 01:04
Crash Barrier

I think you're being a bit of a SOD

I've read Pax Boy's posting and i don't find it out of Order

We DON'T want to put you into a category with some others here

so leave it be