PDA

View Full Version : Amenity Kits

F_one
22nd Mar 2009, 00:13
With all the hype of CX losing money through (mis)management, they still asked us/travel nominees to "politely decline the offer of the Amenity kits/pyjamas" in business/1st to save the company money.

Personally I feel that when I travel I will go without one of these kits, but when my wife/parents/etc travels, I feel it is only fair for them to NOT decline the offer for these kits. Surely CX gets more than their pound of flesh with the way ID prices are determined.

Any views....

mcdude
22nd Mar 2009, 01:11
I interpret the instruction as a "should not " rather than a "shall not"...My Mum is not going without it!

The policy is most likely from some forlorn CX Manager trying to keep his cost centre in check following instructions from above.

I dont really mind as I have so many of the damn things, that I have enough lip balm to last me until retirement (whatever age that might be...).

mcdude

FlexibleResponse
22nd Mar 2009, 06:27
The request to politely decline the amenity packages is merely a request to the "unwashed masses".

It wil be a red-letter day if anyone ever spots a management family decline such an offering!

ACMS
22nd Mar 2009, 06:39
Take 'em and then sell 'em on Ebay...............:D:}:ok:

CokeZero
22nd Mar 2009, 07:56
If we are trying to save money - WHY SPEND MONEY AND TIME ON NEW ONES

The old ones are fine. Just remove the cobwebs and crusty ear plugs. They make good chewing gum for the kids.....

Yeager
22nd Mar 2009, 16:02
Steal one anyways and return them by company mail to the bean counters :}:ok:

freightdog188
23rd Mar 2009, 01:16
I've seen Cabin Crew come 'round with the pax manifest and re-collect the amenity kits from fellow ID travelers!!
What picture does that paint for our remaining premium passengers?!?

snoop doggy dog
23rd Mar 2009, 02:29
I think you will find that it is only local Hong Kongers that do that freight dog :ugh:

ISM's from Phillipines, Malayasia and everywhere else except Hong Kong, are exceptional to staff travellers. Can't give you enough food and drinks :ok: Pleasant people too.

Cathay's cabin service is a joke when you compare to other operators in the region. If it's not an overnight flight and I can get on, Qantas and Virgin Atlantic are much better choices back to Oz..

No wonder "The Group" is down on Target every week!

Sleeve_of_Wizard
23rd Mar 2009, 05:08
They'll save more money by getting rid of useless do nothing except play Solitaire and chat on MSN all day office staff than 3 or 4 x $3.00 amenity kits..........