PDA

View Full Version : Impressed by British European

TikkiRo
4th Oct 2001, 02:32
Well once again I have to say it - roaming around this site, I've yet to see anything untoward said about them - most notably no apparent changes in their schedules other than improvements and no seeming concerns there about laying off staff (as yet anyhow) etc. Somebody somewhere in that company must be doing the right thing. The other thing I'm also impressed at is their safety record (not saying any of the other carriers are bad though) and their attitude to disabled passengers (unlike 2 of the other large ones, notably EJ)so I just want to take the opportunity to commend them on their services here. And before anyone shouts NO - I'm not a BE employee nor have any other reason for saying all of this other than to share my thoughts, primarily because it's nice in N. I. to have at least one carrier who isn't jumping ship.
TR
:cool:

katkin
4th Oct 2001, 02:37
Thanks TikkiRo for your comments and for taking the time to post them it's always nice to receive compliments.

5 Alive
4th Oct 2001, 17:47
Thankyou for your kind words TikkRo!
Hope things work out for the Gill pilots in Newcastle.

5711N0205W
9th Oct 2001, 15:27
I bet you're not as impressed as the ABZ staff who are losing their jobs at the end of the month as BE pull out and stop flying ABZ - LCY. Oh and yes BE are in the middle of a major ad campaign on local radio to promote their services.

rhythm method
9th Oct 2001, 15:57
I don't think the crews at Leeds are as impressed since BE had already announced the closure of their base (still to be finalised). Luckily British Regional (soon to be British Airways CitiExpress) have employed a few of the cabin crew but there's only so much we can do, having an employment freeze at the mo.

5 Alive
9th Oct 2001, 18:55
As far as i know no flight deck have lost their jobs. They were asked to relocate to other bases.
Not sure about cabin crew.
My symphaty does go out to everyone who has had to move, especially with families.
It can't be easy.
I too could well be in the same boat but at the end of the day I still get to fly!!!!

UhrCleared-Takeoff
9th Oct 2001, 22:08
Heard a rumour that the EXT-BHX-EXT service is being axed late October as well as the night mail contract, both operated by their SD3-60

EGTE
15th Oct 2001, 02:35
The EXT-BHX service is indeed ending at the end of October - rumour has it that the service will restart in the Spring. The local Exeter rag ran a quote that "the service was not making enough profit" and that many of the connecting flights at BHX had been cancelled. Local business leaders are less than chuffed! Services from here are few and far between as it is. Still, it's a good incentive to travel 90 miles north and try out Go from Bristol!

cb's are pretty
15th Oct 2001, 17:31
The reason the night mail is finishing, is due to the sale of the mighty shed. This was known quite a while ago, as part of the fleet review, and was to be replaced by a Dash-8. Unfortunatly the Dash has no cargo door, so cant be used solely for freight, but was to be used on EXT-BHX. The aircraft is obviously needed elsewhere as the new dashes have been delayed a bit, so the route has been dropped in favour for a more profitable one elsewhere, I guess an ex Gill one.
Thanks for the kind comments TikkiRo, its nice to know that not everyone spots the bad points. :rolleyes: