PDA

View Full Version : Deleting yahoo toolbar?

tony draper
20th Mar 2009, 22:18
How does one go about deleting this bloody thing? downloaded VCL media player and it also downloaded a load of crap along with it including yahoo toolbar which has installed itself as my firefox homepage,the normal method of changing my homepage back to the basic goofle search doesn't appear to work,also doing a search and deleting every thing that starts with yahoo hasn't got shot of the buggah either,I hate yahoo and do not want anything to do with yahoo on me machine aaarrggggggg!!!help.:confused::uhoh:
Managed to gaet shot of all the other rubbish that came with VCL but not this bloody toolbar it's doing me nut in.
:suspect:
ooop! don't bothe replying chaps just found the uninstall for the bastard.

NRU74
20th Mar 2009, 22:22
Calm down dear - it's only a Toolbar.
[Hope you've had a glass of Red by now]
NRU

Bushfiva
20th Mar 2009, 23:29
Something like tools -> options -> manage add-ons. Yahoo will also tell you how to uninstall.

If you mean VLC rather than VCL, it doesn't come packaged with Yahoo! Toolbar or anything else, nor does it change your homepage. If you didn't download it from one of the site's mirrors, you might want to check your computer for general embuggerances, and think what else you downloaded recently.

Ant
21st Mar 2009, 12:36
Some of these pesky toolbars can be removed through add/delete programs in Control Panel.
If not, you can still show/hide browser toolbars by right clicking the toolbar area and selecting which toolbars you want to see.

frostbite
21st Mar 2009, 12:46
Certainly sounds like a download of VLC from the wrong place. Mine came without any 'extras'.