PDA

View Full Version : PARKER PEN PILOTS ARE THEY OUT THERE

ANDERSON
29th Oct 2000, 17:06
What would you do if you met a fellow pilot who admitted to using his parker pen to gain that valuable time that the rest of us worked hard for ?

Dan Winterland
30th Oct 2000, 01:57
Armed with that knowledge, invite him to re-write his log book or shop him. It is fraud, and the CAA will disqualify him for life if/when they find out. Not only that, he is a danger to everyone, both in experience and integrity.

Who?
30th Oct 2000, 02:07
And what about those that have forged, or bought rather than qualified for licences?

Waloo
30th Oct 2000, 07:27
About Parker pen on the logbook.

I completely agree with Dan Winterland. It's also totaly unfair for those who worked hard for it :mad: like me :mad: and most of us :mad:.

I said most, it looks to be a more common practice than we may think.
Especialy in country like Canada where those minimums total time & multi time are still hight to get an F/O job on turboprops. So, temptation can be strong for some.

I know a few who did it & were stupid enought to talk about it....
But what can I do !?.
Denounce them & destroy career for a 50 hrs add. No, I'm not working for the MOT. I can only scare them a little about consequences.

For a 500 hrs multi time add, that's another story, I'm waiting the next one in the corner believe me !!!!!

Slasher
30th Oct 2000, 07:34
We rooted out some 737 Parker-penners a couple of years ago when we had a small intake. They were easiley caught because they suffered sim-in-mouth disease: what there mouth said wasnt matched by there sim ability.

PS 2 were Indian citizens and another guy was an Indonesian.

WhoNeedsRunways
30th Oct 2000, 10:12
There's a long thread on the Private Flying forum about this - see Log book fraud anyone?? (http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum53/HTML/000095.html)

[This message has been edited by WhoNeedsRunways (edited 30 October 2000).]

Genghis the Engineer
30th Oct 2000, 14:22
I have a friend who admits openly to having done so to get into the ATA in 1940, ended up unrepentant with 110 hrs on Spits and gave up flying at about 75 (10 years ago) with 3000 hrs on 150 types.

Do you think we can forgive her yet.

G

PropJockBATP
2nd Nov 2000, 21:05
Sorry, I am an ignorant wannabe-what is a Parker Pen Pilot?!

WhoNeedsRunways
2nd Nov 2000, 22:12
Parker Pen Pilot - A pilot who gains hours by flying a Parker Pen.

Clear as mud ?

JJflyer
2nd Nov 2000, 23:28
Met this fellow a couple of years ago... Skills not quite there and claiming 1800TT and 500 Multi-engine.
Did not pass one simcheck he went for during his interview process.
Later I found out that he had added about 400h of Multi-time in his log. :mad:
Aircraft he had allegdly flow those hours in belonged to a small school where he was instructing at the time. Once they found out they threatened to inform FAA unless this individual would come up with money ( 150 USD/h).
Last I heard this fellow was working in a Burger King :)

JJ

[This message has been edited by JJflyer (edited 02 November 2000).]

big pistons forever
3rd Nov 2000, 22:36
I was an instructor once . One of the hours building PPL's came into dispach looking a little pale. When he left the Hobbs was
124.6 hrs when he landed about an hour later
it was 924.6. We of course told him he owed us about $55,ooo and will that be cash or Visa !!! His reply " cool I now have enough hours to apply to the airlines , please endorse my logbook! " The boss gave him the hour for free :) Seriously I know one guy who Parker Penned 500 hrs multi PIC. Word eventually got out and no one would hire him.
The industry is too small to pull that S...

p.s. Does this site have spell checker. Fortunately I can fly better than I can spell and no Ole Flashy I don't want any rude comments from you http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Number6
4th Nov 2000, 01:06
We have a pilot who P-51’ed (that’s yank slang for parker pen logbook time) over one thousand hours. If you think that’s incredible wait. The best is yet to come. The company became suspicious after a short time of her flying the line. They investigated. The investigator tracked down the aircraft owners and examined the aircraft logbooks she claimed to have flown. The aircraft had not been flown as much as she claimed. One had been in heavy maintenance and paint when she claimed to have flown it. One captain made a big deal out of it. He wanted her gone. Here’s the sad part. The company only gave her a verbal reprimand. The captain who exposed her and wanted her gone was relieved of his supervisory position. It makes me sick to my stomach every time I see her. I refuse to fly with her and so do other captains.

ehwatezedoing
4th Nov 2000, 08:51
Number6
Only a verbal reprimand !!!??, but you can still continue to take care of her reputation ;)

Here another one, heard few years back about a guy who were living during his flying formation near a runway in the US.

Each time he saw a "specific" Baron took off & landing from this place, he noticed the hours, before set it down on his logbook.

When came the time for his IFR test ride, the FAA examiner took a quick look on his log and found a lot of entry about this Beech Baron....
He asked innocent questions about it like:

-"You flew a lot with this airplane !?"
-"Yes sir!"
-"You probably get a great deal with the owner huh !!?"
-"The best I could ever found sir!"
-"Hmmmm, until now I think......it's happen to be my plane :): "

--------------
Heeeeheeeheehee, end of the story!