PDA

View Full Version : Connecting \Transferring In Singapore

Brian21156
20th Mar 2009, 12:18
Hopefully somebody can help here. In November I'm flying with British Airways to Perth from Dublin in business class. I had no choice in the matter as it was booked by company. All the flights have been booked with BA with BA flight numbers but will be operated by Aer Lingus and Qantas.

I will arrive in Singapore from London all going according to plan at 8am local time. I then need to transfer plane in Singapore for final leg to Perth which departs at 9am. I have called both BA and Qantas and both say it is enough time to transfer.

Can somebody confirm if this is enough time to allow for connection or do I need longer? If I miss my connection in Singapore due to issues who is responsible for ensuring I get to Perth?Any advice much appreciated.

raffele
20th Mar 2009, 13:00
If the whole trip has been booked on a single ticket (not a single itinerary) then should your inbound be late, the airline taking you on the outbound will rebook you onto the next available flight.

angels
20th Mar 2009, 13:22
If the inbound is on time, the answer to your question is yes. If it is late then raffele has it.

Say hello to the Garuda check in girls for me and my daughter! :ok:

g0lfer
20th Mar 2009, 13:25
One hour is more than enough in Singapore. You may even get back on the same plane? Singapore is the best airport I have been through and I have been there on many occassions.

Gibon2
20th Mar 2009, 13:35
This is fine and nothing to worry about. Singapore is a kind of foreign hub for Qantas - their flights come in from several European cities around the same time, then depart around the same time for Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, etc. Everyone gets off and changes planes (or not) depending on where they are headed. It's an efficient system, and pretty well organised (and SIN is in general a very well-organised and efficient airport: one hour is plenty of time to transfer).

If, as can certainly happen, your flight from Europe arrives late, there is some chance the Perth flight will be held for you (more likely if there are many passengers tranferring to this flight, and/or there are other QF flights from Europe also delayed). If the flight does go without you, Qantas will simply put you on the next available flight to Perth.

There is the additional worry of whether your baggage will make the connection, but in dozens of tight transits through SIN I've yet to be separated from mine.

Pax Vobiscum
20th Mar 2009, 17:15
Entirely agree - Singapore is one of the best (easiest) airports for international transit passengers. BTW it definitely won't be the same aircraft - your 744 will head on to Sydney, while the flight to Perth will be on an Airbus 330.

Johnny F@rt Pants
23rd Mar 2009, 16:33
The flight from LHR - SIN is operated on A380 some days.

1 hour is sufficient for the transfer, my parents did it this morning. All went without a hitch.