PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar staff travel

SkyScanner
20th Mar 2009, 05:04
I was wondering from the Jetstar guys (and gals) what sort of staff travel benefits you receive as part of your award..

Do F/Os get Business class travel from Date of Joining or is there a waiting period? Can it be used on Qf mainline? Do Captains get Business or First?

Any info is greatly appreciated

Aussie
20th Mar 2009, 09:41
Well no biz on Jetstar if i remember correctly, so the question is do they get QF staff travel fullstop!

bentleg
20th Mar 2009, 10:38
Well no biz on Jetstar if i remember correctly

See Jetstar Star Class (http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/travel-info/starclass.aspx).

Sue Ridgepipe
21st Mar 2009, 02:37
See Jetstar Star Class.

So, as Aussie said, no business class on Jetstar. Star Class does not even come close.

Aussie
21st Mar 2009, 10:37
didnt think star class was biz class.... but sure its not economy.....

jetstar21
21st Mar 2009, 13:27
For what it is worth, I had the opportunity of using "Starclass" on a trip to Hawaii and I must admit that after what I had prevously heard I definitely had reservations.

However, the whole experience turned out to be nothing less than superb with the seating as good and probably better than most and the cabin staff exceptional.

All in all a great trip and I have numerous overseas travels under my belt with many airlines to make comparisons.

If you get the opportunity to use "Starclass" on Jetstar don't hesitate.

rammel
21st Mar 2009, 23:23
Starclass is more like a Premium Economy. It is the same seats as used on QF domestic Business Class. When you see Business Class on every other airline (not nessicarily travel in it) you will realise that Starclass is not Business Class. One thing I dislike about JQ advertising, is when they advertise that you can go Business Class for the price of an Economy fare.

I've been to BKK a few times on JQ in Starclass and travelled home in QF Business. While Starclass service and so on was good and it did beat being in economy, I don't think I would pay the full price for it. And unless I had a stack of cash I wouldn't pay to fly Business on any airline, as the cost of the fare would most likely cover the cost of most trips.

I'm a QF employee, but in regards to JQ I try to keep an open mind.