PDA

View Full Version : ATPL question.....help!!!

lpokijuhyt
19th Mar 2009, 19:25
Ok. I have a JAR FCL. It's a Commercial/IR. I also have the MCC credit. I also have the ATPL theory exams completed. I have appx. 3700 hours total time and approximately 2700 hours in jet aircraft. Can't I simply get an AtPL without a checkride based on the JAR requirement of havin more than 500 hours in FaR part 23 certified aircraft? Or do I need to take a checkride in a jet?

(The reason I have alot of time is because I was flying on my FaA ATP for many years. I got my JAR license about 12 months ago....and it was a complete pain in the ass!)

Thnks for any info!!!!:bored:

Pianoman
20th Mar 2009, 22:43
I am pretty sure that you still will have to take an ATPL checkride, even though you have all the other requirements. That being over 1500 hours total time, 500 multi crew with a MCC certificate, 500 hours on a Perf A aircraft and all the required written ATPL exams. Well that's what the requirements were when I last checked, and it was some time ago. That was to get a UK ATPL issued which was automatically converted to an JAA/ATPL

You must also do the skills test with an examiner who is qualified to sign off an ATPL checkride as not all examiners are. It can be done either in a certified simulator or in an aircraft. The ATPL checkride is pretty similar to an initial LST/IR but with a few extra requirements. You could get it signed off quite easily next time you have to do a skills test, e.g. recurrent training in the simulator, just make sure you get an examiner who is qualified sign off for licence issues.

Hope this helps, but for 100% accuracy check the UK CAA website.

Good luck

tropicalfridge
23rd Mar 2009, 07:38
Is there any hours requirement for night flying?