View Full Version : RBS cancels 7X

falconflier
19th Mar 2009, 16:59
UPDATE 1-RBS cancels luxury jet, may lose deposit | Markets | Markets News | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idINLJ45129720090319?rpc=44&pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0)

Can't wait for the uproar to quell itself.

Gulfstreamaviator
19th Mar 2009, 17:58
was this not reported about 2 mths ago.

glf

FLEXJET
19th Mar 2009, 19:32
RBS' 2002 Falcon 900EX is for sale.

2002 DASSAULT FALCON 900EX For Sale At Controller.com (http://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft-for-sale/DASSAULT-FALCON-900EX/2002-DASSAULT-FALCON-900EX/1148487.htm?guid=2D6B9AC0064F4C3193BA6512701E12C9)

Airliners.net | Airplanes - Aviation - Aircraft- Aircraft Photos & News (http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=F-GYRB&distinct_entry=true)

I wonder why do we observe more and more formerly G-registered aircraft being F-registered. I learned that 3 other G-reg Falcons will be F- registered soon. Anyone?

falconflier
19th Mar 2009, 21:57
Knew about the Citi cancellation but not the RBS one. Thought this was just announced.

themoonsaballoon
20th Mar 2009, 08:32
Which ones are going to the F Reg? I believe the RBS Aircraft was put on to lower its profile, you will be aware that it was Le Bourget based,
TMAB

Mike Echo
20th Mar 2009, 09:56
The original registration, G-RBSG, was hardly subtle in hiding the ownership. Always wondered if the G stood for Goodwin :).
It was deregistered around September 2006 shortly after the Daily Telegraph published an article highlighting that the aircraft was based in Le Bourget but having to ferry flight twice every time the RBS board wanted to travel.
However, I think everyone in the Business Aviation community knew who owned the A/C and, even from new, it was managed by Dassault Falcon Service in Le Bourget.
Mike Echo

FLEXJET
20th Mar 2009, 11:12
Mike Echo, thanks.

Which ones are going to the F Reg?

The reservations for 3 Falcons have been made a few days ago at the French DGAC, that's all I know.

Paradise Lost
20th Mar 2009, 15:06
Poor bankers, if they NEED to travel by corporate a/c so urgently, then they should charter one out of their bonuses, not expect the "poor bleedin' taxpayer" to pick up the tab! Maybe Fred Shred could lease one permanently for his old colleagues to gad about in? Harumphhhh! :*

Herr Reisen
20th Mar 2009, 19:33
Maybe Fred should be forced to continue to pay the Aircraft Mortgage until it is sold then have to make up the difference ie the loss with his pension!

jetopa
22nd Mar 2009, 15:36
The fact itself that some publications start screaming about 'luxury jets' does worry me.:ugh:

Not good for our business, nor our jobs and reputation. We should start making efforts and explain publicly that these are 'business jets' or 'corporate jets' instead and keep on walking with our heads up high.

I remember a NBAA sponsored image-campaign in the 90s and I can only applaud Mr. Pelton's (= CEO of Cessna) efforts in the same direction...:ok:

prafn
22nd Mar 2009, 16:41
Tread carefully my friends..I am a victim of the "evil private/luxury/corporate jet" witch hunt that has spread across the wires here in the US. The media and populist politicians are all over this topic while our little niche continues to be decimated.:mad: