PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseat for take-off please

Whirlybird*
26th Oct 2000, 15:51
I'm going on holiday to Egypt in just over a week, flying from Gatwick to Sharm el Sheikh, on Air 2000 AMM302C, 5th Nov 11.25; returning on AMM302D, 12th Nov 19.40 (all local times). I would LOVE to be able to have the jumpseat, especially for take-off and/or landing. Can anyone help?

------------------
To fly is human, to hover, divine.

reverserdeployed
26th Oct 2000, 15:57
Do what I did when I flew to Beirut with BA recently. Write a nice polite note to the Captain explaining that you're an aviation bod and would love to have the jumpseat preferably for T/O and landing. Explain that you've jumpseated before, will keep schtum during the busy T/O roll and climb out, and you'll leave immediately if things turn hairy. I included a photocopy of my airside pass for my flying club. Also write on your seat number. I'd be very surprised if you don't get invited up there.

I enjoyed the jumpseat all the way on that BA A320, and it was the best seat in the house.

Good luck!

Hippo
28th Oct 2000, 00:06
To add to the good advice-

Even if you don't get the jumpseat for TO ask to go up during the cruise. Show the Captain that you're not a nutter and he/she might ask you back for the landing.

I had a bit of difficulty recently getting a friend on the flight deck and I work for the airline! I think the crew were a bit nervous about the possibility of hidden cameras!

Hippo. (If pigs can't fly then neither can I!).