PDA

View Full Version : JET, B757/B767, or JMC Pilots' help kindly required!?

indebted88
26th Oct 2000, 12:42
Hi everyone , if you can recall, I have lately been through the selection with JMC Airlines. I would like to sincerely thank every who supplied me with information and advice.

I am pleased to tell you that I have got the job, and I have a Boeing 757 Type rating course at Crane Bank in few weeks time.

I have no previous commercial nor jet experience and this will be my first type rating course ever, and I have been hearing contradictory things about the type rating course and what to expect!

Can jet type rated pilots, B757, or JMC pilots who have been through the course, advise me on what is to come and : What is the best way to prepare for the B757 Type rating course, and from where can I get the B757 tecnical and Systems CD-ROM, any web sites? You know, any specific or general advice will be highly appreciated, you can also email me on [email protected] .

On my side if I can help with anything I will.

Sincerely yours,

Indebted 88

wysiwyg
27th Oct 2000, 21:20
You never did respond to my last e-mail!!!
If you start on the 8th of November I can put you in touch with someone on your course.

regards
wizzy

Brenoch
31st Oct 2000, 20:43
In general.. Just paying attention to the CBT´s and the lectures and a wee bit of reading at night gets you through the course with flying colours.. :) (didn´t spot the unintended joke when I wrote it) You´ll love the 757 i´m sure and praise what ever higher power you might believe in for ending up on that rather than the A320..
Good luck..

[This message has been edited by Brenoch (edited 31 October 2000).]

Pin Head
31st Oct 2000, 22:23
indebted88, do you mind me asking your flying experience and background?

CrashDive
31st Oct 2000, 22:52
indebted88, I'd like you to reflect upon the vast amount of advice you've received thus far from these hallowed halls of PPRuNe, and do us the favour of reciprocating your good fortune by recounting your experiences with the rest of us – ie. your experience level, general age, airline application(s), interview(s), ground school, base training, and line training, etc – i.e. everything.

Never forget that, as they say, “what go's around, comes around !” ;)