PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Logbook

Ezios
19th Mar 2009, 11:10
Good day at all,
I'm an Italian new bie at this forum and I've got a question to you.

Up to now I've used a Papery Logbook based on format 'JAR-FCL COMPLIANT 17'; recently I've decided to look for an electronic one.
Unfortunately I don't find nothing, because all of those software are not based with an original form (jar or faa), but a personal form.
I-ve already read lots of posts in this forum, but I don't find nothing.

The only logbook software I find, is LOGTEN PRO by Coradine (Coradine Aviation Systems (http://coradine.com/)), where into it there're all original format (a beautiful thing :)), but It is based on MACINTOSH (talk about bad luck).

Could anybody help me?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Tidbinbilla
19th Mar 2009, 16:49
Do a search on "Logbook Pro".

It contains a few different report templates and might be what you're looking for.

TID

topdrop
20th Mar 2009, 02:16
Few links here you might find useful??
http://www.pprune.org/d-g-general-aviation-questions/264142-digital-logbooks.html
http://www.pprune.org/d-g-general-aviation-questions/363950-flight-duty-time-programs.html

Ezios
21st Mar 2009, 10:08
Hi,
thank you for your reply, but I've already seen links that you've posted; unfortunately I am looking for an ELECTRONIC LOGBOOK based on JAR COMPLIANT format default, as LOGTEN by CORADINE and not invented formats.

Could you suggest me an electronic logbook with these features?
Thank you very much.

Tidbinbilla
21st Mar 2009, 11:24
Ezios,

I would suggest that it is the report templates that are JAR compliant, not the programs themselves. Both are simply database programs.

I have recently migrated my data from Logbook Pro to Log Ten, because I've seen the light (bye-bye Micro$oft, hello MAC).

If you really must stay with Micro$oft, Logbook Pro reports are fully customisable (is there such a word?) therefore, you should be able to set up your reporting to reflect the JAR requirements. It just takes a little work on your part (if the template doesn't already exist).

The bloke that runs Logbook Pro is pretty helpful. If you want a specific report designed, he'll probably do it. You just have to tell him what you need. It would be faster, however, for you to just pick an existing template and modify it.

TID

Ezios
21st Mar 2009, 12:49
Hi Tid,
thank you for your quick reply.

I work in a office that it has Micro$oft, as provider; so I can't join Macintosh as my o.s.

About LOGBOOK, I'll try it again, but is it possible that for Micro$oft nobody realize a great Logbook software with all type of default logbook format.
I don't know if you've already tried Logten; I attach now a photo of my papery logbook.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5659/scansione0002b.th.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scansione0002b.jpg)

Thank you for reply.

Ezios
23rd Mar 2009, 17:30
I've tried to contact Coradine to have information about a future version for Windows, but nothing.

I've posted before my papery logbook.

Do anybody know any logbook with this format as default?

Please help me :ugh:.
Thank you.

Blogsey
23rd Mar 2009, 22:59
Have a look at Safelog Safelog FAA and CAA/JAA Pilot Logbook Software and Online Pilot Logbook (http://www.dauntless-soft.com/products/Safelog/)
Has different defaults, including JAR. Is this what you mean?

Lasiorhinus
24th Mar 2009, 09:34
Try this. Its excel, and you can use it for free.

You can modify it to what you need.

Excel Logbook (http://www.divshare.com/download/6903602-cf8)

Capt Claret
24th Mar 2009, 12:11
Coradine's web site indicates that they have no intention of making a windoze version, as it would take too much input, compared to a Mac.

Ezios
24th Mar 2009, 13:26
Good afternoon at all, thank you very much for your reply.

About SAFELOG, I've bought it 2 weeks ago, because I've read "Fully FAR 61.65 and JAR-FCL compatible", but unfortunately it's compatible with JAR or FAA rules, but not standard format; Format is completaly different.

About Excel logbook, if I don't find an out and out logbook software, I'll tried with it.

Coradine Logten is the best software at the moment about standard format, but it's only for MAC users. You are right, Capt Claret, Coradine have no intention of making a windows version :\.

Anybody know other program, with features I've required?.
Thank you very much.

Ezios!:)

Ezios
27th Mar 2009, 14:58
Up, any ideas?
Please help me :)
Thank you!

Lasiorhinus
29th Mar 2009, 10:06
Ezios, quite a few people have offered suggestions, solutions, and free spreadsheets for you.

If you are still having trouble, perhaps you should try asking in the European forums, where people may actually be using JAR-based logbook software.

Ezios
29th Mar 2009, 18:17
Hi Lasiorhinus,

I've appreciated suggestions of other users, but I think that except me, other people want a good logbook to work better.

For this reason, I've requested this question here, one of the most important pilot rumor forum.
I've already tried to post in European forum, but nobody knows something.

I hope that anybody reply this thread.
Good night :)
Ezios

das Uber Soldat
29th Mar 2009, 20:04
Make your own.

Dixons Cider
30th Mar 2009, 06:08
try pilotlog (http://www.pilotlog.co.uk/index.php), a UK based online logbook ie data is stored in online servers so you can access anywhere and no fear of losing it when you 'pooter crashes.

works for me.

Ezios
30th Mar 2009, 12:21
Hi Dixons Cider,
thank you for your reply.
I try it now and in a couple of day, I'll let you know if it's works well.
thank you again
Ezios

Ezios
30th Mar 2009, 18:17
Hi Man Flex 37.5,

I'll try ********* and I'll let you know if it's works well.

Unfortunately about PILOTLOG, I've seen that there's an FAA format and I can't edit column and row.

Tomorrow I'll try *********.

Thank you.
Ezios

Dixons Cider
31st Mar 2009, 10:16
Unfortunately about PILOTLOG, I've seen that there's an FAA format and I can't edit column and row.

Man, you really have to be lead by the nose don't you!
A cut n paste from the home page, its UKCAA and JAR!!

Comprehensive

JAR compliant - stores all information required by the ANO. *
Keeps a record of your flying and simulator details.
Powerful search facility to find particular flights, aircraft, crew members, etc.
Enter your previous experience, for inclusion in total hours calculations.
Prints your log book in a traditional format for submission to the CAA, or to keep as a backup.

Ezios
31st Mar 2009, 12:19
We Dixons,

Very compliment for your beat, but if you see some post up this one, you can see the format I need.

PILOTLOG don't have this format, for example AIRCRAFT TYPE is before PLACE AND TIME OF DEPARTURE/ARRIVAL (oddly FAA format has the same of PILOTLOG; what a strange!).
I don't know why Pilotlog wrote that your logbook format is jaa.

Lasiorhinus
31st Mar 2009, 12:44
Oh fer crying out loud...

How about you just keep on using your papery logbook...?

Rhodes13
31st Mar 2009, 13:11
Ezios I would suggest to you that the format your saying is JAA is actually the way that Jeppsen choose to lay out their logbook.

In doing that they are fully JAA compliant. Plenty of other logbooks out there that meet JAA requirements that DONT look like the Jepps. Take a look at some other logbooks and they look nothing like the ones you are quoting.

Why all the fuss? As long as you record pertinent info it could be on the back of a cigarette packet for all anyone cares.

Im sure this has been asked but why are you asking about JAA logbooks in the Aus/NZ forum? How about trying the Italian forum or perhaps the wannabes forums? If no one answers maybe they dont care or more likely have more important things to worry about than the way the log book is laid out? :ugh:

Ezios
31st Mar 2009, 14:40
Hi Rhodes13,
Actually I bought a Jeppesen Logbook, but I've thought that format is the original JAA (I don't have thought that there were others); My mistake to ask question.

So, if anybody know any type of software based on Jeppesen style, I'll be very happy; At any rate I'll try to others European forums.

I do a lot of flight every week, so I'd prefer to write my flight directly in a pc-based software (easier); for this reason I'm looking for a software. Only this reason.
Bye (Advice is always appreciated):)