PDA

View Full Version : youngest ppruner

schoolkid
15th Aug 2001, 21:17
i'm 13 and i'm just asking is there anyone here younger than me? :cool:

Icarus
15th Aug 2001, 21:41
Well someone worked out I could ony be 3 yesrs old as I wasnt familiar with some kids TV programme recenty so that 10 years younger!
However, in this part of the world it is only 1422, so I have another 542 years to go before i am even born :eek: , so that makes me 1435 years younger than you! :D

The Nr Fairy
15th Aug 2001, 23:51
Judging by some of the posts on even the serious fora, some PPRuNers have yet to get out of nappies.

Will you be going to the GatBash ? :D

Manflex55
16th Aug 2001, 03:41
U might indeed set a record. The youngest PPRuNer I have read from so far is my fellow citizen "PtitNemo" : he's 15... & already flying on a regular basis. Not bad either ! :)

MF

Tom the Tenor
16th Aug 2001, 12:46
Hey, schoolkid, Have you got permission from your Mum to be playing with Danny's trainset :) ? Tee, hee!

Eric
16th Aug 2001, 17:28
Schoolkid,

For God's sake don't go near Jet Blast, Danny'll shut it straight down if he knows the young actually read it! ;)

You want it when?
16th Aug 2001, 17:50
Shame on you Eric - don't you know how to lead a pig? Tell it Don't! Still it will take the load of the server when Danny closes it right down :D

PPRuNe Towers
17th Aug 2001, 11:59
Sorry Schoolkid,

Well and truly beaten by the infant Flypuppette. Not even walking yet but has even been to a PPRuNe Bash. Haven't seen a post from said child yet but I know Flypuppy reads out the best bits aloud and puppette makes comments :D

Flypuppette
17th Aug 2001, 16:37
Dear Uncle Towers,

I am now 14 months old and I can walk now :)
I had my first flight in a Fokker 100 a few days ago. I was only 6 months old when I wnet to my first bash and Daddy never reads anything from Jet Blast when I am awake. I would have to explain some of the jokes to him. ;)

Lots of love,
Flypuppette
xxx

gravity victim
17th Aug 2001, 16:52
Congratulations to all fellow ppruners for good taste and restraint - nobody has yet quoted the lines from the appropriate part of 'Airplane'! :D :D

[ 17 August 2001: Message edited by: gravity victim ]

The Guvnor
17th Aug 2001, 20:36
If I was you, Gravity Victim, I wouldn't be so much worried about asking youngsters questions about Turkish baths and gladiators but would rather be concerned as to how one so young could have found out the professional pilot's deepest, darkest secret, viz:

Why I Want to be a Pilot

I want to be a pilot when I grow up because it's a fun job and easy to do. That's why there are so many pilots flying around today.

Pilots don't need much school, they just have to learn to read numbers so they can read instruments. I guess they should be able to read road maps so they can find their way if they get lost.

Pilots should be brave so they won't be scared if it's foggy and they can't see, or if a wing or a motor falls off, they should stay calm. Pilots have to have good eyes so they can see through clouds, and they can't be afraid of lightening [sic] or thunder because they are closer to them than we are.

The salry [sic] pilots make is another thing I like. They make more money than they can spend. This is because most people think plane flying is dangerous, except pilots don't because they know how easy it is.

There isn't much I don't like, except that girls like pilots and all the stewardesses want to marry pilots so they always have to chase them away so they won't bother them.

I hope I don't get airsick because I get carsick and if I get airsick I couldn't be a pilot and then I'd have to go to work.

- essay by a ten year old boy

:D :D :D

JPJ
17th Aug 2001, 21:39
I think that Flypupette's record can only be beaten by someone who is conceived during a Bash.

How about it folks? Any volunteers?

schoolkid
17th Aug 2001, 21:53
btw.i was at jet blast weeks ago.Whats the big deal.so am i the youngest :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Flypuppette
17th Aug 2001, 23:21
No.

:)

airbourne
20th Aug 2001, 07:36
Hmm I always thought that most pilots were big kids who went around asking each other 'how big is yours'??

Opps! Maybe that should be in JB!!?? :p

aidybennett
20th Aug 2001, 17:07
May not be the youngest ppruner but I first flew at six weeks old . Apparaently parents put me in a carry cot and stuck me in baggage section (behind the rear seats) of a 172. Never been the same since. :D