PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia X

Flaps up no lights
18th Mar 2009, 14:44
Looking to book a flight in next couple of days to KL and was wondering if anybody had experience good or bad about Air Asia X flying from STN..

Thx in advance:ok:

AC3854
19th Mar 2009, 00:06
Haven't flown that sector but flew KL to Gold Coast in Jan this year. Aircraft appeared new, I got the seat I had requested (aisle by the over wing emergency exit), pre-booked meal was fine (curry and a drink). You get what you pay for. Landing at Gold Coast was smooth.

Left Wing
19th Mar 2009, 06:06
Landing at Gold Coast was smooth.:ok::D

L'aviateur
22nd Mar 2009, 13:20
I've tried looking for cheap tickets with Air Asia and have had more luck on promo tickets with KLM for around 300 pounds return. Some excellent deals to asia at the moment if you search, but mostly return non-flex.

crewmeal
22nd Mar 2009, 15:20
Agreed - I checked out some prices and by the time you've added on the extras like checked in baggage, meals it works out around 775 pounds return. There are much cheaper deals to be had via Expedia, travelbag for the same trips from LHR.

Its not really cheap to fly with Air Asia X

Selfloading
22nd Mar 2009, 20:11
Agreed - I checked out some prices and by the time you've added on the extras like checked in baggage, meals it works out around 775 pounds return. There are much cheaper deals to be had via Expedia, travelbag for the same trips from LHR.

Its not really cheap to fly with Air Asia X

Really, I'm getting to Melbourne from the U.K for £270

stanstedsteve
22nd Mar 2009, 22:17
Had a look at their website myself as I have family in Melbourne, and the prices looked good to me, if you're not flying in peak season.
The website was a bit confusing at first, people seem to be booking alright as when I looked a lot of the flights are booked up, or maybe the bucket shops have blocked booked large numbers of seats, could this be possible.
Regards to all.

harrogate
10th Apr 2009, 19:59
They've just got their little hands on another A340, so STN to KL is going daily from late July. If it's got the same legroom as their current machine, then it's got more space in economy than BA.

They've opened negotiations about flying to Sydney from KL now too. Can't wait to see how the others react to that news.

I got STN to MEL for late September one way for £278, including the meal option and the 20kg baggage upgrade.

No complaints here. I've been on one of their A330s already (Gold Coast to KL) and it was absolutely fine.

Hotel Mode
12th Apr 2009, 18:40
I got STN to MEL for late September one way for £278, including the meal option and the 20kg baggage upgrade.

If thats a regular fare then they'll be out of cash and ideas faster than you can say Oasis. With no significant business yields to sustain the low economy fares its just not paying its costs. I notice fares to fly this week are not that much higher, given its the holidays the yields must be rubbish.

harrogate
13th Apr 2009, 18:45
Nah. Don't be so naive.

The £278 fare is a promo fare, which you can pick up reasonably often if you visit the site enough and remain flexible.

I think they've probably thought about the whole 'making a profit' thing. The STN to KUL service in particular is massively over-subscribed already, which is they've sped up the negotiations for the second machine in order to go daily.

Don't know which website you've been looking at, but the cheapest STN to KUL fare this week is £300 all in (some days are completely full), and like I say, that's just to KL. Add on the MEL leg and you're talking about £440 all in, or £410ish all in if you get a promo fare.

Tolsti
14th Apr 2009, 15:16
If you're looking to go to Melbourne..... EY are starting that route very shortly. Their prices will be good and the service darn good.

TotalBeginner
29th Apr 2009, 23:23
They've just got their little hands on another A340, so STN to KL is going daily from late July. If it's got the same legroom as their current machine, then it's got more space in economy than BA.

Yes, the 2nd A340 will be in the same config.

FormerFlyer
1st May 2009, 09:20
Have been looking to go to Borneo & Air Asia X have been coming up with excellent fares recently. In fact the headline inc taxes has been approx half that of the next carrier. Only slight concern is wondering if they will still be around come Oct/Nov when looking to do the trip.

What's their backing like, as I have no knowledge?

cheers ;)
FF