PDA

View Full Version : ATPL theory exam results

pdeamer1
18th Mar 2009, 12:31
Hello Everybody,
First time post on pprune.
Just received my atpl exam results from last month and have found out I have failed three. I have now in total failed five of the exams. With these fails am i likely to be able to get a job? and with the times we are in now will any airline consider any applicant with so many fails? Hopefully will be able to pass next time but is it worth me spending thousands of pounds on hour building and CPL this summer if there is unlikely to be a job for me at the end of the tunnel?

Thank you for you help

SW1
18th Mar 2009, 12:40
You need to look into why you have failed these exams, Is it your study technique? Have you signed up to Bristol feedback questions? Which helps a lot by the way.

If you are distance learning, like myself, you need to set yourself a realistic time frame to complete the exams. At first I just wanted to get them out the way ASAP and rushed through the course material. This resulted in me not digesting the information and barely passing my first phase exams.

In regards to jobs, If you were integrated you could forget the BA interview, but in the modular world I would hope it wouldnt mean too much in terms of jobs, just dont fail anymore exams and pinpoint where youre having problems, Speak to your tutor also if youre DL or residential.

quant
18th Mar 2009, 13:07
pdeamer1 which providerare you studying with?

pdeamer1
18th Mar 2009, 13:14
I am studying with cabair, doing the modular route along with a degree at Bucks New Uni. Have recently finished the ground school at Cranfield and now just have the resits to do. Have not used Bristol website only cabair questions and notes.

quant
18th Mar 2009, 13:17
Have not used Bristol website only cabair questions and notes.

That's the main problem 'me old mukka'. Get on bristol and you'll breeze through them.

:cool:

pdeamer1
18th Mar 2009, 13:25
Will try Bristol for the remaining exams.

Thank you:)

Spit-Fire
18th Mar 2009, 15:23
Bristol on-line question bank the right choice.

Peter_CDG
18th Mar 2009, 16:07
And AviationExam for instruments and gennav

rankace
18th Mar 2009, 20:13
dont worry man i failed 5 first time also what they want to see is that you improve the 2nd time and pass and get first time passes on cpl mep and ir.dont stop now:ok:

thatscaptaintou
18th Mar 2009, 20:33
Can't disagree with what's been said. Hammer that Bristol QB - it's constantly updated with the latest questions.

If you do that QB day and night, you'll be looking at at the answers before the question in the exams! Do that QB, and you'll sail thru no problem.

Finite_World
27th Jun 2009, 14:08
Just got my phase 1 results, cannot emphasise enough; use Bristol.

ps not studying at Bristol either ;)

Sky Scratcher
27th Jun 2009, 17:39
Check your PM pdeamer1 :ok:

EGCC4284
28th Jun 2009, 15:20
Cant and won’t comment on any others but I will say Bristol are number 1.

I failed a few. Took 2 attempts to pass Met and PoF and 3rd for Gen Nav.

Went to 3 interviews and was never once asked of my results for ATPL's. All I was asked was about my CPL and IR attempts which I had passed both first attempt.

I had a mate who failed 6 out of his first 8 with Bristol about 7 years ago. He did all Mod 1 again and passed all again 2nd time around. He is now flying for a living. Don’t worry. Only advice is you should of gone Bristol Ground School as they know exactly what they are doing.

antony147
4th Jul 2009, 11:21
Hi all, i have my first set of 7 exams starting monday 6th!! is it true the ATPL exams are basically all Bristol, particularly POF is the one i really want to know?